three

Monday.

Aubrey's least favorite day of the week. Nothing good ever happens on mondays.

Until today.
Aubrey and Gwen met up before the bell rang in the morning, heading to class together. Their first period went on like usual, nothing much happening. Then they part ways for their second period, which Aubrey shares with Peter. She sparks up a small conversation before their teacher begins the lecture, as she sits directly in front of him.

Pretty boring day.

But it only got more boring. Nothing new, nothing changed.

That was until her last period, which she also shared with Peter.

PE, her least favorite subject.

She's never really been an active girl so having to take the class for her senior year was kind of a drag.

She and Gwen were sitting on the bleachers, while the boys played a small game of basketball.

She saw Peter with his camera, not in his PE uniform.

She had nothing to do, as she had pulled the cramps card on her teacher, so she opted for watching quietly.

She wasn't really keeping up with the game until she heard some commotion coming from somewhere to her right.

She looked over to see a girl painting a banner, but her paint had been knocked over. She realized the commotion had been the girl screaming at Flash.

He knocked the paint over.

"You better watch your back." She hears the tailend of flash's threat to the girl.

Idiot.

She sees Peter walk over to help the girl, when the ball is thrown back in that direction but surprisingly caught quickly by Peter.

"Why don't you take it from me." he challenges Flash, walking to the middle of the gym. "Go ahead, Flash. Take it." Flash tries to grab the ball from him, but Peter's quicker. He swiftly switches the ball to his other hand behind his back, embarrassing the bully. "Dude, just take it, come on."

It happens again.

Peter is quicker than Flash.

This goes on for a little bit longer, Peter even covering his eyes at one point, before Flash challenges Peter.

Aubrey watched as Peter backed up, ready to run at Flash. He runs and everyone stills as he shoves Flash out of his way, jumping right up onto the basketball hoop, completely shattering the backboard.

Silence.

After the initial shock, Peter is immediately sent to the office.

Aubrey quietly laughs to herself and Gwen at the situation, heading to their next class for the day. After that class, Aubrey finds herself in the hallway when she sees a familiar face.

"Look, it's Aubrey." She hears Peter's uncle say to him. "Hi Aubrey."

"Hi, Mr. Parker." she says with a shy smile.

"Don't forget Aunt May." Ben says to Peter before leaving.

"So," Aubrey starts, walking slowly towards the boy. "You get expelled?"

"No, no I didn't get expelled." He chuckles. "I got community service."

There's a beat of silence, before Peter speaks up again.

"So, you want to..." he trails off.

"Want to what?" she asks quietly.

"I dont know." he replies breathily. "Uh, we could...just...I don't know. Or we could do something else, if you want. I don't know." he rambles, not making any sense. But Aubrey understands what he means and what he's trying to do, and she cant help the butterflies she feels in her stomach at his nonsensical words.