two

It's about three hours after Peter stopped by when Alison and Mark are getting home.

"Aubrey? We're back." Alison says when they walk through the door.

"Hey, we're in here." Aubrey whispers as loud as she can from the living, still positioned on the couch as she was hours ago.

"Hey." Alison says softly with a smile as she walks through the door.

"Hi, Lily didn't eat, I tried to feed her but she wouldn't take it. I made some mac and cheese for me and Jenna like two hours ago. Then we watched The Little Mermaid again and she fell asleep halfway through." Aubrey says. Alison walks over to take Lily from her to bring her up to bed. "Uh, Mark, Peter from down the street stopped by, said he needed your help with something in his house."

"Oh yeah, his Uncle Ben called me a bit ago. They had some flooding in their basement. Needed some tools."

"Got it. Do you guys need anything else?"

"No, you can head out sweetie, thank you." Alison says, walking over and handing Aubrey her cash.

"Alright. Goodnight guys." she bid with a smile, closing the door behind.

She starts making her way down the street towards her house.

Just as she approaches her front porch, a certain now bespectacled boy catches her eye from his upstairs window.

He sees that she's noticed him and sends her an awkward wave.

She sends a small wave and a smile back.

She makes her way inside, ready to collapse into her bed.

She was exhausted from the day and had to be up early for her Oscorp internship with Gwen tomorrow. They had a new group of interns coming in for their first day and she and Gwen were co-leading the tour.

She quickly places her bag down on the floor by the front door, her parents still not home from work at the hospital. She gives Stella a quick pet on the head before finally heading upstairs for bed.

🕷🕷🕷

The next morning, Aubrey wakes up extra early to get ready for her day. She heads downstairs to have a quick breakfast with her parents before she heads out.

"Morning sweetie." her mom, Andrea says from the kitchen.

"Morning ma." She walks in to see her mom plating eggs and bacon for the two of them. "Where's dad?"

"He got paged, there was an emergency about two hours ago."

Aubrey sat and ate her breakfast, having small conversation with her mom before grabbing her stuff to head out. It's a pretty quick walk from her house to the bus stop to take her to Oscorp, so she plugs her headphones into her phone to listen to some music on her way.

Once she gets to the building, she heads straight up to the floor she and Gwen need to be on to get situated for the day.

"Hey, there you are." Gwen says approaching Aubrey, already in her lab coat.

"Hi." she lets out breathily, realizing she's a few minutes late. "There was this old lady on the bus that got off and then realized she was at the wrong stop so that took a few minutes." she rolls her eyes at the events of her bus ride.

Gwen laughs and hands her her lab coat that she hadn't even realized she was holding.

"Thanks." she says quietly, putting it on.

She and Gwen quickly go over everything they need to do and what they need to show and tell the new interns when they arrive.

About 15 minutes later, the girls head out by the escalators to greet the new teens.