•Chapter 17•

• Makio •

Inosuke's POV

It's too hot! I want to take my clothes off! I feel like I'm losing my senses wearing this stuff.

"Oh, my. Yae, do you have a moment?" I heard someone say.

"Is Makio okay?" Said the same voice. I quickly ran towards the corner and hid.

"She has locked herself in her room and won't come out. She said she's not feeling well, but she won't go to the clinic. The mistress might kick her out at this rate." I heard another voice say.

"I just brought her some food. I left it at the door of her room for now."

Makio? That's Uzui's wife. I finally got to hear a familiar name. She's not feeling well? Is it really a reason to cut contact? That woman came from that way. Let's take a look.

"Oh, my, Inoko. Don't run inside. You might slip." The woman told me. I just bowed my head and started walking.

"She's so quite." I heard the woman say.

"You have a coarse voice, so never open your mouth. You're not good at taking your voice either. They'll find out right away that you are a guy. I'm serious." That's what the god of festivals had told me. What does he want me to do? Damn it!

I looked up the stairwell and started climbing. I saw the meals the woman had left. So that's Makio's room something is definitely not right. Is she in a real pinch right now? It's hard to tell. It feels sickeningly creepy. But sitting here and doing nothing is not how I roll!

I ran towards her room and pushed the doors open and found her room in a complete mess. I could feel the air moving but the windows were shut. I looked up to the ceiling and knew that the demon was there.

"Hey, you jerk, i know that you are there." I took the bowl of ramen and threw it at the ceiling. The ceiling made a loud thump. What is going on? It's rattling around in the ceiling. And it started moving, i started chasing it. I knew it! It's a demon! Where is it going? Where is it escaping too?

"Out of the way!" I yelled and pushed two people aside.

"You're not running away!" I opened the door to someone room and ran through there breaking the door from the other side. Since it's daytime right now it went upstairs. But there should be a wall it uses to climb down.

I was approaching y/n's room and i knew that she was in there.

"Y/f/n! Come out i located it! Follow me." She came out of her room nodded and starting following me. There was a wall ahead of me.

"Right there!" I got ready to punch.

Right when i was about to punch the wall, some guy came and i punched him instead.

"Y/f/n, follow it." I yelled. She started running down it took me 10/15 seconds and i started running too, as soon as I went down a few stairs u heard a loud crash.

I jumped down just to see that y/n had fallen down.

"Sorry Inoko i lost it, can you follow it?"

"It's hard to follow, I've lost it too." I said angrily. "Bastard! It's because someone got in my way!" I continued.

"Sorry about that Inoko."

"No no problem y/f/n."

Y/n's POV

I heard Inosuke-kun scream and tell me to follow him cause he had located the demon. We both were approaching a wall and he got ready to punch. The next thing i knew what happened was that he had punched a customer and told me to run after it. I ran down the stairs so quickly that i forgot a step and slipped and fell. I lost the demon in the process too.

-----

Both me and Inosuke-kun were in his room discussing where the demon would've gone. I heard the mistress approach his room.

"The mistress is coming, quick act normal!" I told.

"Hey Inoko!" She yelled and opened the door. "What are you doing?" She continued.

"Y/f/n you too?" She looked at me. Both me and Inosuke-kun were in a weird position. I knew this is not what I meant when i said act normal.

(This but with y/n beside him)

This time i knew both me and Inosuke-kun were focusing on the demon but weren't able to feel it. Where did it go?

Both of us stood up and looked towards the mistress.

"So sorry, ma'am it won't happen again." Both me and Inosuke-kun apologised.

"It's okay but I'm giving you both more work."

"Okay." We both bowed and she left.

Well i guess now that we've seen the demon, we need to tell it to Tengen in our next meeting.

-------

Here's a little secret.

Y/n has made friends with almost everyone in the house and everyone absolutely loves her.

And I'm literally typing this at 1 am in my living room while the episode playing on my tv😃

Anyways if i give names to any characters in the house it's just random cause none of their names are actually given. (Also only Yae's name was given so)

Anyways stay safe byeeee