•Chapter 18•

Kanoe

Y/n's POV

Me, Inosuke-kun and Kamado-kun were waiting on the roof for Tengen to come. Both Inosuke-kun started telling Kamado-kun how there is a demon at our place.

"I told you already! There is a demon at our place." Inosuke-kun said.

"Well..."

"I told you it looked like this! Like this!" He said while waving both his hands in a weird way.

"Yes, well, give me some time to think." Kamado-kun told him.

"How about this. Can you tell if I do this?" He said while forming his hands into the shape of a spider. (if you know what i mean)

"Uzui-san ans Zenitsu should've been here already for our regular meeting."

"Y/w/n, (dk if ive done this already but it means your wrong name) there really was a demon at our place wasn't it?"

"First of all, it's y/n, and second, yes there was a demon at our place, or at least i think it was."

"Huh?"

"Zenitsu is not coming."

We all turned to see Tengen was sitting on the edge of the roof. I didn't even know when and how he got there.

"Zenitsu is not coming? What do you mean by that?" Kamado-kun asked.

"I'm sorry for putting you in danger. I made a lot of bad decisions because i wanted to rescue my wives. I don't know where Zenitsu is right now. I lost contact with him last night. You need to leave this district. You're not qualified enough. If there are upper rank demons here, you can't fight them. And y/n i know you are a Hashira, but I can't risk your life. I'll consider those who have disappeared dead. I'll take the rest in myself." Tengen explained.

"No, Uzui-san we will-"

"Don't be ashamed. Whoever lives, wins. Don't misjudge an opportunity."

"But Tengen, It our mission to-"
Before i could continue, he had vanished. Whatever happens, I'm not abandoning this mission, i need to save Tengen's wives and Agatsuma-kun.

"I guess he doesn't trust us because we are at the bottom rank." Kamado-kun said.

"No, that's not it. He doesn't want us losing our lives over something personal to him. But little does he know, I love his wives too, I see them as my older siblings i never had. I like Agatsuma-kun too, i haven't known him for a while but he seems really nice despite all the begging for my hand in marriage." I answered.

"So we should save them?"

"Yeah."

"Also Gonpachiro, we are Kanoe now. We've been promoted." Inosuke-kun said. His sentence made me sure that he will never remember my name correctly.

"What?"

"Do you even remember how ranks work? We were Mizunoto, the bottom rank. We are Kanoe now, fourth from the bottom. Watch carefully now." He brought his hand near his face.

"Show me my rank." He continued. The kanji for 'Kanoe' had appeared on his hand. I don't remember this while i got promoted.

I couldn't hear them, and I knew it, the l/n clan effects were showing, this time i could hear my heartbeat and two others, which i figured were from Kamado-kun and Inosuke-kun. It looked like Inosuke-kun was explaining Kamado-kun how ranks work. And it also looked like they were causing a lot ruckus.

Suddenly Inosuke-kun had started hitting him. After a while he stopped hitting and they both started talking again.

Both of them got up and it looks like we were going back to the houses. I was finally able to hear them again.

"Hey, explain me what you were telling Kamado-kun after you were done explaining the ranks?" I asked Inosuke-kun while we were entering the house.

"You weren't listening?" He said.

"Yeah sort of."

"Okay come to my room later, I'll explain it."

"Okay."

And we both went to our respective rooms.

-------

Sorry for updating late, it's just that i started watching The Office, and I'm hooked up on it and keep forgetting to update this.

I'll update more often now i promise

Stay safe
Byeeeeee