Sun Splashed Conversation

Isla Diggory sat on the cozy, dark green sheets of her bed, bathed in the light of the setting sun. Her eyes were closed, and her honey blonde hair looked like it was made of gold. She sat silently, her headphones playing peaceful piano music. Yes, she was a witch, but that didn't stop her from using muggle things. 

As the sun set slowly, her mind wandered. She thought of the new school year ahead. And how much loneliness she would feel. She had but one friend, a Ravenclaw named Luna Lovegood. She was considered strange by most people, but then again, who isn't a little strange.

Thumping on the wooden stairs caused her to open her eyes, yet she did not turn around. She already knew who was coming into her room. 

The door creaked, and a second later a weight slowly sank onto the bed beside her.

"Isla, you should be packing. You know we have to leave early tomorrow in order to meet the Weasleys for the Quidditch World Cup." said her brother Cedric. His brown hair shown in the light of the sun, looking like melted chocolate. 

He was the only family member who cared for her, who talked to her, really. After they're mother had died, her father, Amos Diggory, had refused to even look at his daughter, who just happened to looked quite like his deceased wife. So Cedric  was the one who made sure she got things done and was looked after.

They were quite close actually, and on most school days could be seen eating lunch together or reading out on the grass near the lake. She was a fourth year and he was a sixth year, yet despite the grade differences, they would always make time for eachother. Though now that might change.

You see, Cedric had a girlfriend. Cho Chang was her name. And Isla despised her. She was too fake, always looking too perfect and friendly. She was just too much of a fraud and she always avoided Cedric when he was with her, despite his numerous invitations to come join them. 

Isla brought her legs up to her chest, hugging them tight. "I know Ced. I know. We have to go to that damned tournament. I just want to stay home." She said softly.

"I thought you liked Quidditch! You're the best Chaser on the Hufflepuff team!" he responded, shifting his body to face the skinny girl in front of him. 

"I know. I just hate the fact that all these players think that it matters. It's just a game, and nothing more. A fun pastime."

"Isles, you have to come whether or not you like it. Father said so." the boy said, pulling his young sisters hands into his own. "Do it for me. It would make me happy if you came. You know I don't like being around dad. He's so proud of me and he's always praising me. I hate it." He looked down and back up before pulling her into a hug.

"Fine Ced, I'll come. Just don't make me eat any of those nasty vendor treats like last time."

The pulled away from the hug, laughing at the memories of old tournament experiences.

"Ok, ok, you don't have to have any." he smiled, standing up to leave. "Please pack though. You don't want to forget anything like last time." 

"I'll pack. Don't worry. I'll come down for dinner in a couple of hours. Save me a slice of pizza." she called as he walked out the door and headed down the stairs. 

She turned to her room, tying her hair back in a ponytail, and grabbing her wand. Time to pack.