Trees

Isla climbed high into the tree, soon passing her brother and climbing to the very top branches which could hold her weight but not his. It was early in the morning, and dawn was just breaking, shading the world in light grey tones. 

They waited patiently for a while, waiting for their travel companions to arrive. 

The loud sound of talking drew the siblings attention to the distance. A group of people was coming their way. Isla looked closely and could see the glasses of Harry Potter, the red hair of multiple Weasleys, and the familiar curly mess of hair that belonged to Hermione Granger. 

Ugh. More people she had to deal with. 

Isla was also considered different from most people at school. Like Luna Lovegood, her only non familial friend, she would use items unknown or unused by many. Isla was always caring around a Polaroid camera or backup cameras, snapping pictures here and there. She could conjure up a piano anywhere she liked, playing beautiful music when she fancied. She owned hundreds of books, scrapbooks of all the photos she took. In about a week, she could fill one and add it to her collection. 

She knew that the golden trio would judge her. She too hated them. They were so perfect and loved by nearly everyone. Everyone except the Slytherins. One Slytherin in particular. A white blonde boy who Isla had loved since day one of first year. 

No one knew she loved Draco Malfoy, a boy considered a bully. Yet, Isla had seen something in him that no one had. She saw a kind of pain that she herself knew. A kind of pain that showed a side of someone that most people would never see. A vulnerable side.

She had many pictures of him, ones she had taken when he didn't look. There were rare ones of him showing a genuine smile, and many of him staring into space, looking like he was caring the weight of the world on his shoulders. 

As she watched the group come closer, she vowed to herself to try to avoid them as much as possible. 

The group stood under the tree below her. Her father was speaking to Arthur Weasley, introducing Cedric as he dropped suddenly out of the tree. She listened closely and soon realized her father wasn't going to introduce her, so she started to climb down. But her foot slipped off of a branch and she fell, crashing through the leaves and landing right on top of her brother, who laughed as he stood back up.

Islas father snapped, "Isla! What are you doing! That was quite unnecessary, girl." He glared at her, showing his disapproval. 

"Well I'm sorry father, guess I shouldn't knock so many leaves out of the tree when fall out of it next time." she answered sourly, glaring right back at him. She turned to face the guests, putting on a fake smile. 

"Hello, I'm Isla, Cedric's amazing sister." 

Harry looked down at his feet and mumbled a hello while Ronald stood awkwardly. Hermione gave a small wave and Ginny just stood there, sneaking a glance at Harry. Fred and George smiled and winked in unison. 

"Well, to the hill then. Let's hurry, we don't want to be late." Arthur said, causing the group to move forward up the hill and towards the portkey. 

Time for the Quidditch World Cup.