Chapter one!

Kiyotaka looked around his room, due to the lack of light in the room it looked grey, but in reality, they were a dark beige. Taka sighed bored, he looked in the mirror seeing the mid-length, white-haired person, with flames over xes eyes he'd always seen in the mirror since he was four. That was Kiyo, Kiyo talked to him sometimes, but most of the time xe would just wave from reflections. It seemed as if, not another soul could see xem. He never stopped to wonder if that wasn't normal, that was just life for him.

He opened a window, he and his father were low class so they tried their best not to use lights and further the electric bill unless needed. What Taka didn't realize was that this would probably be one of the many factors in the spender's guilt complex he'd develop soon, but that was beside the point.

As he looked out the window he saw the forest, he was bored inside, he'd already finished his homework and he'd studied for multiple hours by now.  He wondered what would happen if he went outside, he'd always stuck himself inside to study, to make up for his grandfather's mistakes.

Taka's grandfather had been involved in a scandal and fell from power leaving his family in massive debt. Taka looked at the rock on his desk. He'd found it while walking home from school and had adopted it as his pet, naming it 'rocky'. Taka was a rather lonely kid, and he had difficulty making friends. So this rock and the person behind him in the mirror were his only friends.

Taka wondered what would happen if he went outside, inside was boring and small. His father, Mr Ishimaru, would most likely not care. He sighed gently pushing his blackish-purple hair back and walking to the living room, which was only big enough for a black couch that was just a layout, and a desk, which had a lamp on it. The lamp wasn't turned on, or even plugged in; it was just there. There was also his father's badge, his father worked as a cop and had a yellow badge that said 'Toyko Police Department" or TPD. Taka didn't know that much about cops, or what his father did. He found his father on the couch using his knees as a clipboard, filling out paperwork on it. "Father, may I head outside?" he asked.

"Kiyo, I don't care," he said, and with that Taka walked outside. He looked into the forest. The grass looked green, leaves were brown and scrambled across the green, which was a strange sight, but lovely at the same time.

He walked into the forest slower, being surrounded by trees, various flowers, and bushes. He looked down at his gently chipped nails, they were clean but he couldn't afford to take care of them past cleaning them. So them being chipped was only natural.

Taka saw a white fluffy dog that didn't look like it belonged in the forest. Out of curiosity, he followed it coming across a tent...