black and blue. (jesse focused)

pairing: jesse x reader (romantic!), aaron z x reader (platonic!), 4*town x reader (platonic!)
genre: FLUFF (aside from your black eye LMAO)
author's note: YOU NASTY JESSE LIKERS MADE JESSE COME FOR ME HE'S GONNA DRAG ME DOWN TO H E DOUBLE HOCKEY STICKS... (i really had to look up how long it takes for black eyes to form for this..you're welcoem rolling eyes emoji)

you were hanging out with aaron z at the basketball court, him actually on the court and you cheering him on from the side. once the game was over, everyone went home while aaron z practiced alone. you felt bad about him being there all by himself so you offered to play with him.

"best of three?" you smiled cockily while stealing the ball when it hit the ground.

"you play basketball?" he tilted his head slightly while getting into position.

"pssh- absolutely." no. no you did not. "watch this!"

you shot the ball, aiming for the hoop. instead of going in, it hit the rim and immediately bounced back into your face, sending you back from the impact. you immediately held your face in your hands as it felt incredibly hot, and you couldn't tell if it was because the ball hit your face or if it was because you just embarrassed yourself in front of a super-good sports player.

"god, (Y/N), are you okay?" aaron z said, trying his hardest to contain his laugh.

"just...peachy!" you exclaimed, face still in your hands and your voice strained. you lifted your face and put your hands on your hips, faking pride. "it didn't even hurt!" you stated, eyes starting to water and one of them throbbing.

"ooh...yikes. you might wanna call jesse." aaron z stared blankly at your eye, and you were wondering what was so intriguing. he started to pull out his phone.

"what? why?"

he took a picture of your face and showed it to you.

your eye was deeply reddened and you had a ball mark on the side of your face. you didn't think the ball had hit you that hard. 

"oh. my. god." you looked back up at aaron z. "this is your fault for letting me shoot the ball while inexperienced."

"you told me you-"

"no." you started taking out your own phone, but before you texted jesse you tweeted:

" you started taking out your own phone, but before you texted jesse you tweeted:

jesse was like your own personal nurse. you got hurt pretty often, so you're sure this wouldn't shock him. you finally began to text your prehistoric boyfriend.

(Y/N)

*picture of black eye*
---
MY EYE
---
come quick
---
dont let me play basketball ever again

JESS <3

How does that even happen?
---
You told me you would be responsible.
---
I'm on my way, stay put.

(Y/N)

YOURE NOT MY DAD SHUT IP

~~~

you sighed, putting your phone back in your pocket and looking at aaron z.

"what'd he say?" he lifted his eyebrow.

"he's on his way," you informed while gently rubbing your aching eye.

"you gave yourself a black eye." he laughed at you. 

"oh, whatever! i'm sure you've hurt yourself as well trying to do tricks!"

jesse suddenly pulled up to the basketball court you two were at. he looked like he'd been speeding. he got out of the car as quickly as possible with an ice pack.

"babe!" you smiled, extending your arms for a hug. he ignored the gesture, put the ice pack on your eye, grabbed one of your arms and made you keep it in place.

"don't take it off until we get home, okay? come on, z." he commanded, leading you two to the car so he could take you home.

~~~

when you all finally got home, jesse took you gently but firmly by the hand to the living room. he sat you on the couch and took your ice pack to go put it back in the freezer. when he got back, he sat next to you and you two looked at each other.

"how did that happen?" he lightly chuckled.

"i tried to shoot a basketball, but life disagreed with my decision." you smiled awkwardly.

"ouch." he muttered, kissing your forehead. "why'd you try to shoot in the first place?"

"z looked lonely on the court! everyone else left, so i thought i would try and keep him company."

jesse laughed at you.

"hey, what's so funny? you would've done the same for me. and you totally would've hurt yourself more!" you playfully crossed your arms.

"you're right, i would've." he voiced, taking your hand in his and you rested your head on his shoulder.

you stayed like that for a while until he finally spoke up.

"does it still hurt?" he asked, lifting your head gently to observe your eye.

"it could be better, but it'll heal in a couple of weeks," you winced. "i'm gonna stick with you from now on." you planted a kiss on his nose and positioned yourself to where your head was on his lap.

"no problem here. i love you, (Y/N). even if you turn yourself completely black and blue."

"i love you too, jesse. even if you were born when the dinos were still around."