Chapter VI - What Sin?

H5: A mission report request, from H-4 in the USS, I'm finally about to meet the Director and Chairman or should I say ChairWoman/Stakeholder of the Vinylon corporations; not sure this is the best time to answer the communication, after all, I've ...

H5: A mission report request, from H-4 in the USS, I'm finally about to meet the Director and Chairman or should I say ChairWoman/Stakeholder of the Vinylon corporations; not sure this is the best time to answer the communication, after all, I've only been here for three weeks. I don't want to worry Thomas, better to reply outside of the waiting room, and when my Q is two or three positions from being called I'll come back inside for my interview.

This waiting room is spectacular, I'm loving the circular structure, glass panels give entrance to the balcony from where you are greeted by a 360-degree view of the city; its modular structure can be perfectly appreciated from here, like petals connecting to this central tower.

Let's begin the report from here then.

Warmth, humidity, peace, and happiness; soft skin were the walls around me, in the dark nest there was no reason to be afraid, it was an entity that anticipated our arrival transmitting caring thoughts as they delivered us into the world.

The light in my eyes was blinding, around the room other six humans were also in containment chambers, one of them was quick to create a suit for her naked body; I was so fascinated with the dome above the room where, how the light entered the room illuminating the crystal floor beneath which different amphibious animals could be seen. My outfit was a replica of what I was wearing the last time I could remember, H3HQ, where all of us got sent to different corners of the Universe; if only we could meet again, devise a strategy to come up with a better future for humanity.

Before my chamber opened, the medical droids came in, they kept scanning each one of us; I could only hope they wouldn't find me defective.

"These three are already woke, some of them even have suits, how southing hihi" That voice didn't come from any of the droids, as a matter of fact, they didn't speak at all.

My chamber was drained like a bathtub from the organic fluid, water and soap started pouring in, I imagined that's what being inside of a washing machine could feel like; the drying was over, and my chamber was now open. "Welcome to Vinylon V1, my name is Mirmind and I will guide you into your journey, please equip your VAR, and let's begin".

My first day was strange, to say the least, they must have sedated me in H3HQ before sending me here. But that chamber, it was nothing like the cryogenic chambers I had seen before, it still eludes me. In the past three weeks I haven't seen any other humans in this city, still not sure who the other six in the rest of the chambers were, and where did they come from, or what's going to happen to them. I don't want to worry you Thomas, but this situation is certainly unsettling; the uncertainty as usual is the worst part, not knowing if the rest of you are having a similar experience if you are taking care of yourselves, not to speak of my babies back home, I just hope that the three boys are taking care of each other. My youngest with his dreamy smile and round eyes with those eyelashes you'd only see in a cosmetics advertisement, my eldest with his thick hair and eyebrows accompanied by a square jaw girls would collapse for, and of course their father; my sweet, gentle Ikram, the best and worst of both of them. I can't believe I didn't get the chance to tell you about any of them when we met, not even bout my eldes, the seventeen-year-old who wants to go into architecture school and become the new Bjarke Ingels; a shame that they only let us spend less than an hour together in the ship, when I heard some of you talking about football all I could think of was my fifteen-year-old and his dream of becoming a professional football player and a coach after that, he dreams of owning his own football team one day, his brother says he could build him a city stadium, not sure if their father should encourage them in that idea, but what can I expect? Sometimes he is the biggest child of the three. Someone has to be there to be a mature influence, even if they don't like hearing words of caution, better to at least ease your conscience knowing that you said them; but what do women know right? Not like 96 to 99% of the women who hired private investigators were right, whereas men were only right 50% of the time, or the fact most women know the difference between accepting a desire and acting upon it; being able to reconcile their emotions as part of their human condition instead of lying to themselves and others, maybe it's just a matter of time to gain perspective, women maturing and coming of age before men certainly doesn't help. Visit a house for the elder and you'll see, check who the visitors are, who the caretakers are; the elder whose wisdom we sometimes don't deserve and whose minds are sometimes as vibrant as the day they had their first laugh, caricaturized by our collective bias with no chance for empathy or self-reflection.