CHAPTER TWELVE !

━━━━🖇━━━━

━━━━🖇━━━━

sapnap's pov (third person)

there was a long moments pause, where the world practically tumbled down for sapnap.

"what?" his voice wavered, the words he oh so badly wanted to hear, too good to be true.

"well, not really my boyfriend." phoenix said with ease, like he didn't just shatter sapnap's little heart into pieces. "i need to make him jealous."

"i'm - i'm sorry, phoen, i wish i could, but i really ca-"

"and why not?" phoenix inquired.

"i'm not, well, gay."

"uh-huh, and what's with this little crush hm? why don't you wanna tell me?"

"phoenix, i'm not really comfortable with answering, i'm sor-"

"but why?"

sapnap's heart beat in his chest, the loud thumping catching up in his throat. "nothing."

"well, can you at least just...act like you're my boyfriend? in front of him," phoenix sighed anxiously, "that way i can make him jealous, you know?"

"that's really fucked up, phoenix." sapnap slipped up with his tone, his actual feelings get muddled with his sadness that phoenix would only use him to get with his crush.

"oh." phoenix coughed awkwardly, "sorry, it's just - it would really help if you could do this."

sapnap was quiet for a moment. why him? why not wilbur? or anyone else that didn't have feelings for him?

"okay, yeah," sapnap sighed, pushing his feelings that he's felt for years past for a little to help out his friend, "i'll do it."

"oh my god, thank you so much sap, you mean so much to me." sapnap's heart did tbe familiar pitter it did when phoenix said absolutely anything loving you him.

"you're welcome, p." sapnap held back a smile, because he knew this job was going to be a lot easier said than done. "so...what's going to be first? pda? him third-wheeling?"

"oh, i've got an idea."

━━━━🖇━━━━

it was a few days later (and a few tears later for sapnap), and he was sitting in a call with phoenix's target - dream.

sapnap thought back to phoenix's plan, mind retracing everything he had said.

"you're gonna call dream, since he no longer wants to call me," a slight hint of malice ran through phoenix's words, "so this relies on you."