【26】Guilty Or Innocent

26.6 GUILTY OR INNOCENT

Kasira walked up the stairs to Kamoor's room. She stood before the door and found herself reluctant to knock upon it. She exhaled a heavy breath.

"Come on Kasira, how hard it will be to anwer every question he ask." She spoke to herself quietly.

She knocked upon the door. "Kamoor....I am coming in." She frowned to get no reply from him. She placed her hand on the door and got closer to it. "Kamoor....." She opened the door quickly. ".......Kamoor, why...."

She got interjected by the quietude of the room. Her glance moved to open-window, curtains were making sound floating in the wind. She met with silence as she walked in the room. She plopped down on the bed aiming her face toward the window.

'This boy......' Her eyes got lit up as she gazed at crescent moon through the window. She did face palm.

~•*•~

Kamoor was rushing toward the castle. As he reached there the dreadful sight made his body palpitate. Men were clamouring and throwing stones at warrior-guards at front gate.

He pondered. 'What the hell is going on here?' He made his mind to move toward the guard. 'I heard father saying something about going in castle. If they don't tell me what's happening then I'll ask the King myself.' A voice halted his steps moving toward the mob.

"If I were you I wouldn't do that."

Kamoor turned around only to notice who was behind him. A warrior-guard was standing there, he was around his age. He was smiling at him. Kamoor gave him dubious gaze and giggled averting his gaze from warrior-guard.

"I just wanted to take a closer look." Kamoor was going to take step toward the mob but warrior-guard's voice interrupted him.

"I know what your motive of coming here."

Kamoor's eyes examined him from head to toe. "Do I know you?"

He chuckled and stood with his arms akimbo. "I just want to help you since your father was the one who had suggested His Majesty to make me a guard-man."

Kamoor scoffed and gave him a teasing smile. "You mean guard-boy."

"Does word really matter!!" He cooled his head and sighed

Kamoor's dubious gaze turned into astound one as he exclaimed. "You are that annoying guard-man who didn't let me go in the castle when I came here for the first time....sorry for not recognising you before."

His eyes twitched getting agitated. 'Why they all think that I am annoying?' He sobbed internally.

"Mind telling me what's happening here?" Kamoor glanced at the mob as he asked.

"Sir Manzu is under suspicion of assualting people. His Majesty has put him under trial. And many believe that he was behind this from the start. The mob you are seeing right now, they believe that." His voice softened as he said those words. He gazed at the mob with his woeful black eyes.

"Nonsense! My father would never do this." Kamoor grinded his teeth and yelled

"I know!" He exclaimed and then came back to his composure. "Something feels off about Sir Manzu. I heard, he isn't saying anything for himself."