【REMEMBER?】

"You haven't met Sirius yet have you?"

"No I haven't." Lyra turned in her chair and looked over at the man who was seated at the end of the table.

Lyra knew he was there, of course she did, he was the first thing she had seen as she entered the bustling kitchen, her eyes trained on the strangers head.

But as she took her first real look, her breath seemed to lodge itself in her throat, causing her eyes to open wide. He wasn't anything like she had imagined, having only seen his photo in the Daily Prophet. His dark hair flopped slightly over his face, and a pair of tattooed hands were grasping the mug of tea in front of him. He was wearing a brown jacket that sat loosely on his shoulders--

"Its nice to meet you Lyra." He smiled softly.

"Yes, it's great to finally meet you, I've heard a lot about you." She smiled back.

That's when she saw it--the look to the side, the glance back at her--the same look in his eyes that she had received from Remus, the same shiver that racked her body, the first time they had met in her 3rd year.

~~~~

Lyra was alone again and walking to DADA, having missed the first few weeks of term due to a fever brought on by her older brothers Fred and George and their latest prank

"Ah Lyra, you look better!" Her twin brother Ron shouted over the noise, rushing towards her through the crowds of swarming students. Lyra smiled back, he was the one coming up to her! "I tried to visit but I wasn't allowed at first and then I came and you were asleep." He slung an arm around her shoulders.

"I'm doing a lot better, thanks Ron...where are the others?"

"They are just behind us, this is your first DADA class isn't it? Professor Lupin is amazing!"

"Yeah, the best we have had I think, not like there was much competition..." Harry had caught up to them with Hermione trailing behind, her eye trained on a piece of parchments in her hands.

"Boggarts today I think...I hate the idea of boggarts." Hermione shivered.

"I bet you will be the first to banish one!" Lyra commented with a smile that was almost too wide.

Hermione simply moved her cheek in an attempt at a smile and moved towards the classroom door without another word and closely followed by Ron and Harry.

Lyra never understood why Hermione treated her like she did...she wasn't mean, she didn't call her names or hex her in the corridors, but her dismissive gaze and blatant disregard for anything she had to say made Lyra feel like a true outsider.

It hadn't always been this way...it used to be Harry, Ron and Lyra, but since the night with the troll in the bathroom in their first year, when Lyra had been separated from the boys, things were never the same, even between her and Ron.

"Hello class, please, stand in front of this wardrobe." The professor at the front of the dusty classroom sounded over the shuffling feet and ripples of conversation.

"Professor?" Ron grasped Lyra and pulled her forwards. "This is my sister, Lyra Weasley, she has been ill so this is her first class."

Lyra remembered Lupins face the first time they had locked eyes.

His dark brown eyes zoned in on hers, causing his welcoming smile to fall quickly from his face. His pinkish complexion seemed to slip south, beginning at his scarred forehead and falling past the neck of his shirt. This was a look Lyra wasn't used to, instead of just looking past her and waving a hand to dismiss her, he almost looked scared of her, his eyes scanning her face.