ixx. THE YULE BALL

𝐂𝐑𝐔𝐄𝐋 𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍𝐒

''I swear,'' he gasped. ''I am yours and you are mine. I am forever undone by you, Estella.''

• ── ≪ ✧ ◦《✩》◦✧ ≫ ── •

tw. graphic depictions of fear, minor sexual content

ESTELLA NURSED THE FRUITY DRINK IN HER HAND with slow, languid movements. In front of her, the yule ball played out in a burst of technicolour. Girls giggled in their pretty taffeta dresses as their dance partners swung them high in the air and a thin powder of snow lay in a blanket across the floor. 

She took another sip of the lavender liquid in her glass and winced at its thick sweetness. Oh how she longed for something stronger. 

Estella shot a quick glance at the makeshift 'bar' behind her that consisted of a singular bowl of shimmering punch and a tower of stacked glasses.

She mentally chastised herself for not asking Evan to bring his flask. Estella could never be caught with something like that on her person, not to mention she'd have nowhere to hide it however Evan could tuck it neatly in the pocket of his dress robes. Speaking of- where was Evan?

Estella scoured the dance floor and took another sip of the sickening punch. Her eyes paused on Narcissa dancing with Lucius- a widespread grin on her face and andromeda nearby as she spun in the arms of Xenophillius Lovegood.

Bellatrix was most assuredly off in some dingy corner sulking because no one wanted to dance with her.

Try as she might, Estella found no sign of Evan. In fact, she saw everyone but. 

Pandora giggled as she whispered something in Regulus's ear, the two slow dancing to a fast song as they always did. Sirius had Marlene hoisted on his shoulders as she and some other girl tried to play chicken and James- James was sprinting across the floor after a fuming Lily Evans.

Estella grinned. Romulus had yet to ask her to dance and this seemed suitable entertainment for the time being. She couldn't make out what James called after Lily, yet he looked positively devastated. 

His tan complexion was paled and his hand dropped limply by his side where it hung there for a few dejected moments.

In front of him, getting farther away by the second, ran Lily as she pushed her way through the dancing masses until she was clean out the hall. 

Estella watched like a hawk as James ran an exasperated hand through his hair. His date- Rosie, Estella's lip curled, slunk up behind him and tapped him on the shoulder. Her lip was out in a pout and she seemed to be saying something about him not wanting to dance with her.