Albedo's morning routine - The library

Albedo's log journal.

4/7 Wednesday 00:14

The report for Timaus is almost finished, I just need to summarise and then sign off, but I'm taking another quick break as I can't get this unusual day off of my mind. Where was I? Right, I was on my way to the library.

No pov:

Albedo walked though the quiet hall, the only noise was his quiet footsteps and a quiet conversation in a dorm. From what Albedo could hear it was 2 girls talking about their week, the girls giggled quietly, supposedly trying not to alert anyone. Albedo tried to make out who the voices belonged to one girl had a seemingly calm tone but the way she spoke, albedo ident recognise it at all. As for the other, she had a higher voice and she was the one that was most likely giggling beforehand.

Albedo walked down the large grand staircase, looking though the book he brought with him. It wasn't the most interesting to a average citizen, but to anyone who studies alchemy or any other kind of science it was a joy to read. Albedo continued to walk down the staircase, step by step. Until he heard a few footsteps. Someone was behind him walking down behind him.

Albedo's Pov:

Hm? Who's footsteps can I hear? I closed the book and looked behind me. It was familiar face. Amber, a fellow knight and outrider. I hadn't spoken to her much as our schedules were quite different, but the few times I did she was quite energetic and a nice woman.

"Oh- hey Albedo!" She said as she greeted me with a warm smile. Amber was a kind person and who has this much energy at this time. I don't think amber was expecting me to look back to be honest as she looked like I caught her off guard when I originally turned around to look at her.

"Good morning Amber, how is your morning?" I replied, trying to sound like I haven't woken up in the past hour.

"It's going great." She walked down the staircase to stand next to me. "I was just getting a few things for some friends." She said.

"Good to know your morning has gone smoothly." I fixed a small piece of my hair that had fell out of place.

Amber walked down the last few steps and I followed her as we walked over to the door while chatting about our week, all I got from that conversation is that Amber ended up in Liyue for a day. I don't know how and I'm too confused to ask. We stopped in-front of the large door leading to the city.

"And then I managed to get back here, that's what's good about being a outrider, I know my way around Mondstat." she finished her little story and fixed the bow on her head.

I dident understand much of it, but it sounded like a strange day. "Well, that's good to know your not hurt." I replied, acting as if I understood everything.

"Well, I better get going." Amber said. "I'll see you around! May the Anemo archon protect you." She opened up the large door and sunlight filled the room.

"May he protect you as well." I don't usually say that to people but I felt the need to repay the blessing.

Finally, I can go return this book and look for those books Sucrose requested, shes too timid to go to the library herself, I'm not sure if she is scared of the librarian or just the fact there's always a few people there. I walked over to the door and greeted a guard standing outside with a simple wave.

No pov:

Albedo opened up the door to the grand library. There was books everywhere, as per normal. A group of 3 were sitting at a table near the entrance chatting about a light novel that was sat on the table. Albedo walked over to where the librarian herself sat, Lisa. She was reading a large book about flowers, a cup of freshly brewed tea was sat on her desk among the piles of books. Albedo walked up to her desk, he dosent usually talk to Lisa one on one so this was a new experience for him.

"Good morning miss Lisa." Albedo said while looking down at her.

Lisa hadn't realised someone was there but she looked up at him, a little startled. "Good morning to you too, cutie." She yawned and took a sip of her tea.

"I'm just here to return this book and to ask if you have these books anywhere." Albedo held out the book for Lisa to look at.

"Oh? Thank you for bringing it back so soon, was it enjoyable?" Lisa took a look at the book, not many people borrow these books, they are much more interested in things like fantasy and horror books.

Albedo placed the book on a open spot on Lisa's desk. "It was extremely interesting, thank you for allowing me to borrow it."

Lisa picked up a shiny purple bookmark for her desk and placed it inside the book she was reading before closing the book and took another sip of her tea. "You said you had some other to find? Do you know the names?" Lisa tilted her head to the left slightly as she spoke.

"Sucrose gave me a list, I think they are all in a series." Albedo grabbed a small note from his pocket and handed it to Lisa. It was a list of 5 books all from the same author, a talented alchemist from Sumeru.

"Oh these ones? Yes they should be downstairs near where you got this book." Lisa pointed at the book Albedo had placed on the send beforehand.

Albedo nodded slightly. "Thank, you for the help Miss Lisa." Albedo began to walk around the library, it was filled with all types of books, but he needed to go down the staircase to a small alchemy section.

Albedo walked down the stairs a step at a time, he seemed lost in thought. But alas he made it to the bottom of the stairs and looked around for the small section. After a few seconds of looking he spotted it, he wasn't too familiar with the library. Albedo began walking over to the section while listening to the few people talking in the library. 

A/N: Oh my gosh I can't look at the word library properly I spelled it wrong every time- thank god for spell check. (probably still spelled it wrong multiple times) But I said this part would be out soon and i delivered! Anyways thanks for reading this so far. This is the longest part yet and has the most people on it.

Next time we will be getting another new face 😨😨

(1113 words)