CHAPTER 9

Kicking open the final door upstairs, Sona laid her eyes upon the elf, who was startled by her entrance.

"Christopher Greene?" She asked heroically, stepping in like she owned the place.

Suddenly, the warrior felt two arms wrap around her. Someone was hugging her tightly. "What happened?" Sona asked, patting his shoulder. Sensing his distress.

"I am Luke Greenleaf. An elf." He let go of her, a tear rolled down his cheek. "You need to help me, please. There's a dragon down there. I heard a lot of commotion. I think he's fighting someone. You MUST help me!" He was practically begging her, holding her hand, heart pounding.

"That's why I'm here. My boyfriend will kill that reptilian. My job is getting you out of here."

"Thank you, thank you." said the elf softly as Sona put an arm around his shoulders.

Bloodied and bruised, Darak leaned against one of the two sitting chairs in the lounge. Blood covered his fur down to his chest, his nose and mouth stung of a thousand needles.

The hardwood floor covered in broken vases, paintings had fallen off the walls of the parlor.

Sirus kneeled at the injured minotaur's side, eyeing his body with a sneer. "You know, I thought you'd be a harder one. Maybe break my hand, maybe knock a tooth out? No. You're nothing but a wild horse in need of taming. It took some time for you to come to my level. It took time for you to realize that I can't be beaten. Here you are. Ready to be mine and mine alone. Messed up a good portion of my home. It was worth it."

Turning his head, Darak met Sirus' gaze. His yellow eyes and his perfect scales, his tail which dragged across the floor. Sirus placed a hand on Darak's head and gently moved his palm around the horns of the monster.

"Just picturing you. Standing by my side. Me snapping my fingers and you automatically knowing what I wish. Maybe some nights, I would blindfold you. Remove that kilt of yours. See what you're hiding. Oh, yes." The dragon licked his lips, trailing his forked tongue across his pearly sharp teeth.

"Darak. Hates. You." His voice was feeble. He coughed shakily. Tasting blood in the back of his throat. Oh, how he wanted to sleep off these injuries. His head was so heavy. His eyelids felt like heavy stones.

"I'll admit that's the most coherent thing you've said all night. I think I should take you upstairs and maybe tomorrow we'll start bright and new. Forgive each other for this ridiculous squabbling."

A crunch of bone and flesh alerted the minotaur. He stood up slowly, using the armchair as a crutch.

The blade of a sword entered Sirus' chest. From his back and through his lung. The dragon gasped in pure shock.

Sona yanked the sword from his body slowly and held it, prepared to fight as Sirus turned to meet her heroic stance.

The dragon's breathing became slower. With every breath, Sirus felt a piercing pain in his chest.

"A wise man once wrote every dragon has a weak spot. Just found yours. No matter how human you look, how you walk, how you dress or how you act...you are a dragon. Same weaknesses as the rest." Sona smiled. She took a deep breath and went for another blow, aiming for his neck.

Before she could do so, Sirus inhaled deeply. With every fiber of his body and blew a stream of fire from his mouth. Sona jumped out of the way, her hair just missing the fires from the beast.

The fire erupted quickly through the home. The red beast collapsed to the floor with a thud as flame ate at his home. Smoke wafted through the building, walls were now covered in an orange and yellow blaze. Loud creaks told Sona and Darak that the home couldn't withstand this sort of pressure. Almost as if the walls were coated in gasoline. More likely that Sirus' fire was not typical fire, but a fire only found in the soul of such a creature.