Chapter 7

*Warning: SMUT*

Slughorn's dinner party
————————————————

Diana slid on a little above the knee high dress, and it was dark brown.

She slipped on some simple black flats. This evening she, Hermione and Harry were to attend Slughorn's Christmas dinner party.

Diana didn't care much for it, but she found it rude to not accept a personal invite from someone, so she decided to go.

And because, Hermione would never leave it alone if she didn't go.

She walked down the corridor, absentmindedly. Harry and Hermione exchanging small talk.

Diana's eyes snapped to a moving figure in a black suit, Malfoy stood in front of the three of them. Looking at Diana before looking at Hermione and Harry.

He grimaced at the three of them, walking away quickly. Hermione looked to Diana and Harry, as they continued walking.

They all sat around a circular table, Slughorn stirred up some small talk with some students.

The dinner was rather boring, she watched as Cormac tried his hardest to impress Hermione. Whereas Hermione looked nauseated the whole dinner because of it.

It made Diana want to laugh at Cormac's attempts.

They were all having dessert, ice cream. Diana wasn't very fond of ice cream so she took little bites every now and again, looking between the students and Professor in front of her.

"So, tell me, Cormac, do you see anything of your Uncle Tiberius these days?" Slughorn asked, eating his ice cream.

"Yes, sir. In fact, I'm meant to go hunting with him and the Minister for Magic over the holidays." Cormac bragged.

Diana rolled her eyes, digging her spoon into the ice cream.

"Well, be sure to give them both my best." Slughorn voiced. Before addressing another student. "What about your uncle, Belby? For those of you who don't know, Marcus' uncle created the Wolfsbane potion." Slughorn smiled.

"Is he working on anything new?" Asked Horace, him and the students watching as Marcus Belby scarfed his ice cream down like it was the last meal he'll ever have.

"Don't know. Him and Dad don't get on. Probably because me dad says potions are rubbish. Says the only potion worth having is a stiff one at the end of the day." Marcus simply said, continuing eating.

Diana snorted, a cough covering her laugh.

"What about you, Miss Granger? What does your family do in the Muggle world?" Slughorn inquired, bringing the attention to Hermione.

"My parents are dentists." Hermione frowned at the sudden attention.

Diana looked over, anyone could tell she was uncomfortable. "I've heard of that, that's when someone works on another persons teeth, like straighten them, or make them whiter?" Diana stated, in more of a question.

Hermione nodded, "Yes, they tend to people's teeth." Smiling at Diana before Slughorn grabbed her attention.

"Fascinating. And is that considered a dangerous profession?" He asked.

"No." Hermione said blankly, looking around to seeing everyone's eyes on her.

"Although, one boy, Robbie Fenwick, did bite my father once. He needed ten stitches." Hermione laughed awkwardly in attempts to making people laugh.