I

You ran a hand through your hair in frustration. You were tired. Overworked. You hadn't slept. You couldn't.

You leaned forward, arms holding you up against the table. Silver had long been asleep, head resting on his arms. K was still awake, on the computers, trying his best to help you.

Papers and cups littered the table. You had spent at least two days there. Never moved.

You were trying to find something on the Mirando Corporation and their pigs before you all flew out to Korea in a few days. The Super Pig Contest was in another week or two. It was finally time to do what the ALF has been waiting to do. Something big.

A snore made you break out of your trance, flicking your eyes up to see K asleep. It was just you now.

Your head was pounding and your eyes were heavy. You were just barely hanging on. Your knees buckling beneath you, threatening to give out.

A soft touch on your shoulder made you jump. "Sorry..." the person whispered, offering an apologetic smile. "It's ok." You sigh, straightening your posture as you turned to face Jay.

He was the leader of your group. Had been for ages.

His hair was slightly messy; different from its usual, straight, nature. He wasn't in his normal attire, which was usually suits or business casual.

No one wore their usual attire on nights like these. It was always comfortable clothes.

You looked at Jay tiredly. "You should rest. When's the last time you took a break?" He asked, voice soft. "If I'm honest, I can't remember." You sigh, putting a hand on your hip. "Rest. You need it. This will still be here when you wake up." He insisted, putting a hand on your shoulder.

You smile. "See you in the morning." You nod, Jay returning the gesture.

You walk to the room you were staying in and instantly collapsed onto the bed. The second you shut your eyes, you were dead asleep.

===

"Leave them be, Red. They've worked themselves thin." You heard Jay whisper. "We need all hands on deck." Red whispered back, a harshness in her tone. "I understand. If they aren't up in the next hour, I'll interfere."

You heard footsteps leave. The sound disappearing the farther they went.

You tried to go back to sleep. Tried for what felt like hours. When you were getting nowhere, you sat up and glanced at the dinky alarm clock. Nine fifteen. You sigh and shut your eyes for a second.

You rubbed the tiredness out of your eyes before slowly standing to your feet. You didn't want to walk out in the same exact outfit you'd been in so you changed your shirt.

You shuffle into the main area, seeing almost everyone looking bright eyed. "Morning." Jay greeted first. You silently nod and slumped beside Silver on the couch.

"Where's Blond?" Red asked no one in particular as she looked around. "I'll go get him." Jay sighed, walking off.

Shortly after, he returned and Blond sat on the arm of the couch beside you. "Now that we're all here, I'd like to remind you all of how this mission is going to work." Jay began, leaning on the table. "This is probably one of our biggest missions yet so it's important you all remember your jobs."

You listened in carefully, hanging onto every word. "We will be flying into Seoul in a few days as that's when they plan to transport the best pig. We'll have to locate the truck carrying it; that's were you and K come in." He said, pointing to you; you and K nodding.

"We'll then place the black box dupe in its ear and let them take it back to their facility to record everything."

"Wait, wait. We'll just hand them back the pig?" Red scoffed, furrowing her brows. "Yes. Only so we can get video evidence. The day of the reveal in New York is when we'll save it for good." Jay explained. "What if they hurt it?" You questioned, sitting up. "They won't. They can't hurt the best pig they have ever created."

"Right, ok, but how exactly are we supposed to re-rescue this big fucker?" Blond asked, Australian accent thick. "We'll figure it out when the time comes."

A silence settled for a moment or two. "Be sure to have your belongings packed. We'll be leaving in two days. Make sure all of the equipment is packed." Jay instructed; everyone nodding.

You walked over to the table with K to start gathering equipment to pack. "May I speak with you for a moment?" Jay whispered. "Sure."

He led you away from everyone. He leaned against the wall in the dim hallway as he faced you. "I just wanted to make sure you're ok. Will you be alright to go on this mission?" He asked, crossing his arms. "Yes. I'm fine. I just needed that rest." You said with a small smile. You watched his brows knit together for a second, eyes boring a hole into yours. "You didn't sleep long. Are you sure?"

"Jay, I'm fine, really. If anything I'll get extra sleep on the plane." You insist. "Alright. Just making sure." He smiled before walking away.

There was always something about Jay that stuck out to you. You had admired him. He loved what he did and was extremely caring.

You always told yourself to never get attached but you failed on that when you became apart of the team. They quickly became your family.

You also told yourself to never catch feelings for the people you work with but you were slowly failing that rule too. You couldn't help it. Jay was simply different. The way he smiled at you and looked at you and checked up on you always made you feel giddy. Of course you couldn't show that so you always buried it and hid it away in the back of your mind.

You shook off the thoughts and feelings and returned to help K. It was going to be very busy and very stressful in two days and you were slowly becoming nervous.

A/n: 🚨JAY FIC🚨 AWOOGA. Sorry I love Jay 😝. This story is specifically dedicated to Wyatt because they were the first person to suggest I make a Jay fic. So here y'all go. Be ready 😈.