VI

You felt the truck come to a stop and your body get nudged multiple times. Your eyes blinked awake and fixated on Mija's blurry figure hovering over you.

"Are you alright?" Jay asked, looking down at you before helping you sit up. "How long was I out?" You mumble, wincing slightly as you straightened your posture. "An hour more or less. How are you feeling?" He asked as his eyes scanned over every inch of you for any more injuries. "Like shit." You said mustering up a chuckle. "Yet you look badass." He said with a slight smile.

The comment made your face heat up and you looked over at K who was pulling into a slaughterhouse. "We're here. Come on." He said; stopping the truck quick and hopping out.

Jay helped you out and you all regrouped in front of the truck. The sight of all the pigs made your eyes widen. "There's no way we'll find her." You mumble looking around. "We are going to need your help. Mija..." Jay turned as the girl began walking along the fence. You three followed her, trying to stop her before she hurt herself of the electric fence.

"Ah!" She winced, pulling back. You all continued to follow her as the sounds of the pigs filled the air. "Wait! Wait!" You hiss, pulling the girl back before she ran right through the fence again. "I got it," K said, holding open the fence with his jacket, "go!" He whispered. You helped Mija first, then you, Jay, and finally K.

You all began shouting for Okja and running through the field of pigs. A whistle blew in the distance. "I got it." K said, running off.

"Okja!" Jay shouted, spinning. "We'll never find her like this. There's too many." You huff, running a hand through your hair. "Have faith." Jay said before shouting once more.

"Six minutes, 45 seconds before Black Chalk arrive!" K informed. Jay sighed deeply before turning to look at you and K who jogged over. "This is our last chance." He said.

"Okja!" You shout.

You heard Mija shout a string of words followed by a familiar shriek. "She found her." You practically gasp, grabbing both K and Jay and darting in Mija's direction.

"Where is she?" Jay asked, weaving between pigs. "The line." You say. "How do we get in?" K asked. "Through here?" You wonder out loud pushing a door open.

You led the way passed the hallways and workers to where the main production was. "Don't touch her!" You announce seeing Black Chalk storm over to Mija. "No, guys, guys..." K stuttered, holding his hands up as the officers came towards you three.

"Don't touch-!" Jay shouted, stepping in front of you as the officer grabbed his hands. They did the same to K and soon you. "Stop! Less violence!" K shouted. "Get off!" You shout, attempting to wriggle out of their grasp.

"Isn't this Lucy's beloved fearless pig rider?" Lucy's twin sister, Nancy, asked. "She is. And that's our best super pig." Her right hand man answered. "Well, what's the hiccup? Why is it still alive?"

"Why you want to kill Okja?" Mija asked. "Well, we can only sell the dead ones."

"I wanna go home with Okja." Mija demanded.

"No, it's my property."

"She is not your property! She is an animal that belongs to be free with her!" You spat. "You're a fucking psychopath." K scoffed. "You should be ashamed of yourself." Jay muttered.

"Fuck off! We're extremely proud of our achievements. We're very hardworking businesspeople. We do deals, and these are the deals we do." She snapped, walking to one of the hanging pig bodies, "This is the tenderloin for the sophisticated restaurants. The Mexicans love the feet. I know. Go figure! We all love the face and the anus, as American as apple pie! Hot dogs. It's all edible. All edible, except the squeal."

As if on queue, Okja let out a terrified squeal. The Black Chalk officers began escorting you three out.

"So you're the other Mirando." Jay said, pushing back to stop walking. "And you are?" She snapped. "Let Mija and Okja go." He said. "Why?"

"You already have a fuck ton of money. What's one less pig?" You huff, battling the officer attempting to make you walk. "This is business." She shrugged. "Hey, Nancy! I hold all creatures dear to my heart, but you are crying out to be an exception." Jay said. "Mija!" You called out before officially being dragged away.

As they dragged you out, you hoped Mija would find a way to take Okja home. You don't know what you'd do if you learned they slaughtered her in front of Mija.

The officers shoved the three of you into their truck before driving off.