Chapter 21

I was grinning like a goddamn fool writing this chapter. Enjoy :)

- - -

The wispy smoke trailed after me as I stood in the void.

I looked around, trying to see past the thick fog surrounding me.

"What the-" I started but a loud giggle made me pause.

I whirled around to come face-to-face with the young me.

The 6-year-old girl was playing in a field of purple flowers.

"Look at me!" She giggled happily as there was a chuckle behind her.

I looked, searching for the person.

"Y/n, don't trip." The voice said from inside the fog as I squinted, trying to make out who was speaking.

The fog didn't uncover the mysterious person as the young me smiled.

"Nii-chan! You should come play too!" The 6-year-old me said as I could almost feel the mysterious person smile.

Nii-chan? Chuuya? I thought, but I remembered I never knew Chuuya at such a young age.

In fact, I don't remember much about what happened before I met Chuuya, nothing but this memory.

"Y/n, you know-" The mysterious voice started but suddenly there was the sound of a large explosion.

Young me paused in her playing, e/c eyes widening in shock at the large noise.

Someone grabbed the young me's hand, dragging me away.

"Y/n! We have to go!" They shouted, that voice that sounded all-too familiar.

I would hear that voice time to time, just talking to me.

I needed to know who this was.

The voice that would haunt my dreams.

Suddenly, the hand around the 6-year-old me's wrist disappeared as the faceless figure turned around.

"Y/n! Run away! Get away from here!" The mysterious voice shouted as I had tears streaming down my face.

"No! I'm not leaving you Nii-chan!" The 6-year-old me shouted, tears streaming down her face.

The mysterious person knelt down briefly in front of me, pulling the younger version of me into a hug.

"I'll find you again, I promise! Now, go!" The myserteous person, whom I called Nii-chan said as the young me furiously wiped her tears from her eyes.

She turned around, running away from the sound of explosions.

I watched, unable to move as the myserteous man sighed.

I waited for something to happen but it was like everything was put on fast forward.

Images flashed through my head.

A sword. Split in two.

Blood.

Fire.

Suddenly, I was wrenched back as something tugged around my waist.

I looked down to see chains wrapping around my midriff, dragging me back.

I struggled against the metal chains, but it was proved useless as I felt something encase me.

"Hey! Let me out!" I shouted, pounding on something solid in front of me.

Everything was dark, I couldn't see anything.