Chapter 36

I don't know what I was expecting. 

But it was most surely, certainly not this.

I was going to take the coat off but Akutagawa caught my wrist making me jump in surprise.

"I'm not going to rip it or anything." I assured him with a raised eyebrow as Akutagawa only stared at his coat, before looking up at me, continuing to stare.

I was still waiting as I opened my mouth, about to ask whether he's going to take it or if I should drop it when Akutagawa leaned in closer.

"Fuck it." He mumbled under his breath and he leaned down, and his lips crashed into mine.

I stiffened in shock at the sudden action.

A sense of déjà vu filled me as I remembered when I had gone to have dinner at the Akutagawa sibling's house.

Gin had left the two of us alone, and it was pretty much the same as it was.

The same words as he muttered, "Fuck it."

My body was pressed against his as his hands hesitantly snaked behind my back, travelling to my waist.

His fingers sent a thousand shivers down my spine as my eyes fluttered close.

I didn't even realise what I was doing.

Who would've thought.

That I would be in Akutagawa's arms, kissing him.

Well it didn't matter, not when it felt so perfect, so right.

My arms came up, wrapping around his neck as I kissed back.

Only then, did Akutagawa seen finally sure of what he was doing as he pulled me in closer.

I could feel the rapid beat of his heart, and I knew he could feel mine.

Something flicked against my bottom lip as I opened my mouth and felt his tongue slip into my mouth, gentle yet demanding.

I had never experienced such thing before but I suddenly understood why people described kissing as melting because every square inch of my body dissolved into his.

We pulled back, both of us breathing heavily as Akutagawa stared down at me with shining metallic silver eyes.

Suddenly, Akutagawa pulls back, clearing his throat.

"Sorry." Akutagawa said, turning away so abruptly I barely had time to react as I blinked, still stuck in that moment.

However, when Akutagawa took a step away, I broke from my daze.

"Akutagawa." I called out as he turned around.

"Just ignore-" Akutagawa started but I had already wrapped my arms around his neck again and kissed him, pulling him down.

It was a terrible decision, really.

But my brain ceased to listen to such things as Akutagawa's eyes widened in shock before his arms wrapped around my back again.

Time froze and it was just the two of us.

We had to pull back again for air as Akutagawa was breathing heavily, staring at me with a small frown on his face.

"You..." Akutagawa mumbled as I let out a breath of disbelief.

"Fuck." I mumbled as I pressed my face into his chest.

Akutagawa stiffened in shock but I refused to move.

Because my face was bright red from embarrassment and humiliation.

"Y/n?" Akutagawa asked as I shook my head, still refusing to look up at him.

"No." I said, though it muffled into his shirt.

What happened next surprised me.

There was a soft rumble in his chest as he chuckled.

Akutagawa chuckled, letting out a small laugh that I snapped my head up and looked up at him with shocked eyes.

However, I was double-shocked when I saw a smile on his face.

A genuine smile, nothing big but it was still noticeable.

And I'd be lying to say it didn't send my stomach fluttering.

However, I shook my head as I scowled.

"What are you laughing about?" I said, frowning as he chuckled again before scoffing.

"What? Why are you so embarrassed?" Akutagawa asked, as if teasing me and I blinked in shock.

"Is this really Akutagawa?" I asked as I tapped his head with my knuckle.

"Hello? Are you in there? Some nice psycho person is controlling you." I said as Akutagawa scowled this time.

He clenched his jaw tightly as I smirked, grinning at him in a playful way.

However, Akutagawa only leaned down again, taking me by surprise for the millionth time when he pecked my lips.

"I'll take my coat back now." Akutagawa whispered, his breath tickling my lips as I jumped from my shock and blinked twice before smirking at Akutagawa.

"Hmm. What if I don't want to give it back?" I asked as Akutagawa frowned.

"Y/n." Akutagawa said in a low voice as I grinned.

"I'm sure Dazai-san would be so proud if you lost this coat." I said as I swiftly took it off and threw it over my shoulder.

"Don't you dare-" Akutagawa started but I had already used my ability to carry myself up.

"Shame you can't reach." I said as Akutagawa had a deadpanned look in his eyes.

"I'll kill you if you don't come down." Akutagawa threatened as I grinned.

"How? Perhaps suffocate me to death?" I asked, flipping upside down above him before dropping the coat on top of him.

He grabbed it, swinging it over his shoulders as he put it back on as he straightened his collar.

"Maybe. There's nothing against suffocating you to death by kissing you." Akutagawa suddenly said as I choked on the air, ability faltering for a second as I dropped two feet from the air.

My face was right in front of Akutagawa as I was still upside down, however, my ability kept my hair and clothes upright.

Akutagawa smirked as he titled his head to the side as I scrunched my nose up in annoyance before flipping back to normal.

"As if." I said, brushing the dust off my legs as I took a step forward.

My leg gave out as I stumbled a step when Akutagawa grabbed me before I could fall on the ground as I smirked.

"Aw, so you do care." I teased as Akutagawa scowled, rolling his eyes.

"I thought that was pretty damn obvious when we kissed." Akutagawa said with such a straight face it had me laughing.

"Shut up." Akutagawa said with a scowl on his face as he rolled his eyes.

"Whatever." I said before pausing as I remembered something.

"Shit." I said as Akutagawa turned to me with a frown on his face.

"What?" He asked as I sighed.

"I forgot to talk to Dazai-san about Chuuya."

- - - 

Forever ✨single