☼ 3.

Friday, September 16, 1988.
Columbia University.

Not once had I gotten the opportunity to go to a frat party before, and to be honest I wasn't exactly prepared for how insane one would be— But there I was, standing in the midst of the Kappa Alpha Theta's humongous house, surrounded by way more d...

Not once had I gotten the opportunity to go to a frat party before, and to be honest I wasn't exactly prepared for how insane one would be— But there I was, standing in the midst of the Kappa Alpha Theta's humongous house, surrounded by way more drunk teens than I could've possibly counted. Then again that also might have been the alcohol messing me up— It wasn't like I didn't have my fair share of thirst-quenching, ice cold Bud Lites from their never ending supply in the coolers.

This was the typical college party I'd heard plenty of stories about from my friends in high school who were lucky enough to sneak in with their older siblings. Lots of loud, blasting music coming from the speakers— 99 Red Balloons by Nena was the one playing at that moment— Drunks either passed out on the floor, making out with some other person's significant other, or puking in an old, raggedy, and might I add smelly, shoe. Then of course the dancing, which I admit, I was doing a little of that myself, even though it surely wasn't in rhythm because I had none. Plenty of screaming... hopefully out of excitement and not fear. And my friends? Well, I honestly didn't even know where they were.

Despite everything that was going on though, I was enjoying myself to some degree. If that was going to be my one party to remember for the rest of my life, what better way to spend it by doing everything I could to not remember it? I decided to grab yet another beer and make my way to the pool outside— maybe dip my toes in the water, but not go for a full on swim. I hadn't been informed to bring my swimsuit. And the other girls looked much hotter in theirs than I could even try to be, so it was best not to show off anything.

The outside was almost as crowded as the inside of the house, but that didn't stop me, of course— It wasn't like I planned on paying much attention to anyone anyway. After sliding off my heels and setting them off to the side, I walked over to the edge of the pool and took a seat. Immediately I felt a sort of warm wetness underneath my butt, and that was when I realized the little bit of water that had splashed on the pavement beforehand. Just great. But hopefully my skirt would dry up before I got up again.

I took a swig of my beer, watching some guy who jumped off the diving board make a huge ker-plunk and splash into the pool. We all began to clap, even though it wasn't that much of an outstanding leap. He could have done way better than that, but hey, everyone had too much alcohol in their systems to even care. I grinned in thought as my eyes glanced away from the pool and abruptly stopped as they locked with a different person's. My grin faded some, because I had no idea who he was, but I seemed to have caught his attention, as he started walking right towards my direction.

The dude was very tall and very shirtless— pretty ripped in all the correct places though, I might add. Yet despite his utter handsomeness, he appeared to believe he was some amazing jock, just from the way he strutted around like the room belonged to him. He flipped his wet shaggy, blond hair out of his face and slung a towel across his shoulders, a bottle of Jack Daniels gripped in his left hand. With a smirk written on his face, he finally arrived in front of me, and I gazed up at him curiously.