3.4

THE SUMMER wind blew, causing Ophelia's hair to blow softly. She was hanging upside down from a tree as Noah lay on the grassy hill. Reece was plucking grass from the ground. It was nice to be with them.

     It felt surprisingly comfortable since she just lost her two closest friends. They came up with the excuse that Ophelia wasn't spending enough time with them. So they just blew her off. Her sadness rolled off of her like catastrophic waves.

     Which both Noah and Reece noticed.

     So they decided to skip Study Hall and hang out here. Were they probably going to get in somewhat of trouble? Probably. But in their eyes, it's worth it.

     "God it feels amazing today," Reece mutters. The sunshine melted his brown eyes into soft honey. They glistened in the sunlight. Dark brown pigmented specks were sprinkled onto the light brown of his irises, like snow.

     "Right?" Noah mutters. He had slowly gotten used to the idea of Reece being his friend. They hung out regularly, and Reece wasn't so nervous around him.

     "It's a perfect day." Ophelia breathes out, staring straight at Noah. Noah smiles a bit, before closing his eyes, and Ophelia just admires his nose, lips, eyes, everything. She didn't think anybody would notice her staring but Reece did.

     He noticed.

     And he smiled. It was a soft and warm smile. His heart warmed at the thought of Ophelia liking Noah. It was obvious. Whenever they had lunch or hung out. He envied the way she looked at him because he wished someone would look at him that way.

     One day maybe, but for now, he was happy for his two best friends.