4.7

"NOAH." Ophelia breathes out.

     "I'll leave you two love birds at it," Reece mutters, giving Noah a small wink, to which he rolled his eyes at.

     He walks up to Ophelia and smiles at her. The disco lights stopped and a mirrorball that hung from the middle of the gym was flicked on. It spun and the soft white spots glimmered everywhere, as a slow song came on.

     "Care for a dance?" Noah asks Ophelia, holding out his hand. She nods, not uttering a single word.

     He looked so gorgeous.

     Noah was wearing black khaki pants with a white collared shirt, which was loosely tucked in, with two of his buttons popped open, showing off a bit of his smooth skin.

     His green eyes glimmered even though the mirrorball light didn't reflect into his eyes.

     Noah was stunned at how breathtaking Ophelia looked.

     She was wearing black, high-waisted, wide-leg pants and an oversized open suit jacket to showcase a beautiful, lavish-looking lace corset underneath, paired with black heels. Her blonde hair was curled and neatly pinned back. Her makeup consisted of just mascara, eyeliner, red lipstick, and a bit of concealer. Her blue eyes sparkled in the mirrorball light.

     She looked beautiful. Insanely gorgeous.

     "You look beautiful Ophelia," Noah says, his voice coming out a bit raspy. "Fucking beautiful."

     Ophelia's breath got caught in her throat, she was struggling to stay calm. He called her beautiful. She never thought she would hear those words fall out of his mouth.

     ". . . Thank you." She whispers.

     He grips her waist and pulled her body closer to his, as they both stared into each other's eyes. Her cheeks were flaming, and she knew he could see, but at that moment, she didn't care.

     "I know," He whispers. "You're Lia."

     Ophelia felt sweaty, nauseous, scared, nervous, and so much more. She gulped and continued to stare into his eyes. "Okay." She says.

     The corner of his lips quirked up a bit, "Okay? I expected some sort of poetic stanza or a bewitchingly delicate phrase." Ophelia smiles a bit, "I can't always have something prepared."

     "Why did you write them? The letters." He asks, as they slowly swayed to the beat of the music. "I didn't know why until a year ago. I like you, a lot. A lot, a lot. So, I wrote letters because you seemed like you hated everyone that set foot near you. I was and still am a nervous person, so I could never muster up the courage to tell you. Plus, I didn't know if you liked me back."

     Noah's heart was doing backflips. He let out a pent-up breath he didn't know he was holding in. "I'm not good at this emotions or feelings thing, clearly. I feel things I've never felt before when I'm around you. You make me feel happy, and trust me that's not an easy thing for me to feel. You make me feel calm and delicate in a way. You make me feel so many more things that I just can't describe. But to put it shortly, I like you too, a lot. A lot, a lot."

     Ophelia smiled, "Is a lot, a lot going to be our always?"

     He laughs, rolling his eyes, "Shut up."

     Ophelia laughs and they both just softly hold each other's gaze, while they continue to sway to the music. Until Ophelia finally forced herself to have the courage to ask him something. "Can I kiss you?"

     Her voice was soft, light, gentle. Noah looked at her and nodded, "Yeah, you can."

     So she did.

     She leaned in and he did too until their lips met. The butterflies returned and their minds became foggy. It was a rollercoaster ride, as they moved their lips in sync. After a few more seconds, they pulled apart.

     "I can check that off of my bucket list." Noah joked, and Ophelia lightly shoved him, "Shut up."

     "Shut up and kiss you again? Because Noah can do that." A voice spoke up out of nowhere. They both turned to the source of attention and saw Reece leaning against a table, with a smug grin as he ate a chocolate chip muffin.

     "Little shit," Noah muttered.

     Reece grinned, "I heard that. Now hurry up and hang out with me because you're making me feel lonely."

     "Don't you have a date?" Ophelia asked, smiling.

     "She left with some dude. I'm so heartbroken right now. Oh my gosh. Now make me stop feeling lonely." He orders, grinning.

     Noah rolls his eyes, "Get lost."

     "Don't be mean. Let's go hang out with him." She says.

     Noah stayed quiet for a minute, "Fine love, we'll go hang out with that idiot."