06 | PAST HOBBIES

"you've arrested jaehyun?"

she did expect good news from doyoung, but she wasn't expecting such good news today. the man she spent 8 months trying to stay away from, has finally been arrested. she didnt know what doyoung, jungwoo and his team had done today that they had a whole cult waiting for their punishment soon. and of course, she wanted to know.

"as you can see, i made contacts with the country's higher-up police officers as well as detectives and begged them to give me the power to arrest them. and when they knew jaehyun paid my boss to keep his work being in the shadows, the higher-ups arrested my boss as well! i have planned this thing a long time ago, but to make in contact with such important people do take lots of time, since they're so busy,"

doyoung was so happy when he explained it to daeun, he even cooked for her that night. 

"the best thing is, you don't have to worry anymore! i am so sure that jaehyun wouldn't just get sued, i am fighting with the higher-ups to take that asshole into custody, and i am asking for a court meeting as well, he will get his punishment for abusing you-"

daeun stopped moving when he said that word, and doyoung felt like slapping himself. he knew so damn well you suffered from that, he was just so excited he forgot about it. putting his dishes away he slowly cupped his cousin's face and sighed as he saw tears forming in her eyes.

"i am sorry, daeun. i got carried away," he whispered, but daeun just stayed silent. she clearly remembered that night, what jaehyun had done to her, and there was no way she would forget that.

"hey, daeun," he tried to gain her attention, but she just forced a smile on her face. a smile even a total stranger knew they were hiding lots of pain behind it.

"I'm so sorry, I'll be careful with my words next time," he patted her head.

"do i... have to go to the court and-"

"it's up to you. if you want to go you can go, if you-"

she clutched onto his shirt ever so tightly, before her teary eyes went to her cousin's. 

"please. i don't want to see him anymore,"

and she let out all of her tears when doyoung pulled her into a hug. it has been a while since daeun broke down in front of him, though he always heard sobs and whimpers coming from her room every single time he came to visit. it showed how big and permanent the scar jaehyun had left her, and doyoung had to make sure that asshole gets his punishment.

"it's okay, you're totally safe from him, it's fine," he will work hard to ensure jaehyun stays in prison. he had way too many witnesses, except the witness who saw how jaehyun hurt her.

because that night, the only witness was her, the moon, and the stars. 

no one can hurt her ever again, he promised his own life for it.

-

"jaehyun, please, stop it!"

"i fucking asked you to leave my house, and you begged me? just what kind of bitch are you?"

another hand went to her already bruised cheek. she was totally defenseless, she tried to run, but she really did. it was her fault to still had faith, it was her fault to believe he'd still stay. 

"i am sorry, i'll go! just, please-"

she was about to face another hit,

when she woke up from her sleep.

sweat forming on her forehead, her breathing was totally faster than the time as she tried to catch on to it. she grabbed onto her sheets, her mind was totally picturing the incident again. she was supposed to forget it, she had tried to forget it.