13.5 | HER WORTH

TW ; ABUSE AND ASSAULT

9:25 PM

"fuck, fuck, fuck!"

"doyoung, calm down!" yuta chased him around, didn't know why would doyoung act like this. was he supposed to be even more professional? he had handled so many escaped prisoners, he knew the drill, he knew what should he do. but why was he acting like an insane person right now?

"calm down? don't tell me to fucking calm down! my keys.. where are my keys?!"

"it's in your pocket, doyoung. it has always been," jungwoo rushed to inform the other officers to hurry up for the searching, got into another car, and left yuta with doyoung. 

doyoung groaned as he ran to his car and forcefully opened it. again, yuta tried to calm him down but failed during the process. doyoung didn't look like himself anymore. he was angry, but there was no party to blame. except himself.

"i should have tightened the guards. i should have gotten on my knees, begging my boss to quicken jaehyun's court trial. yet here i am, acting like a crazy idiot!" he slammed his forehead onto the steering wheel, slurring words yuta knew so well. I'm the idiot, i should have protected her more, i should have worked harder, i should have-

"hey, doyoung. hey!" yuta grabbed his best friend's shoulders.

"stop shitting on me! you better get your car started and drive straight to daeun's house,"

"you don't understand, yuta. you never fucking understand," doyoung immediately drove away, his speed was higher than usual. he didn't care about the road or the rules. there was one thing in his mind, that he would never forgive himself if it happened.

"I'll try. what is it?" yuta gave him a confused look, and doyoung sighed.

"daeun, she had her life back, you know. the cheerful, ambitious, and happy woman she deserves to be. and she had it. i succeeded in helping her, and she even thanked me millions of times,"

"but if. if that stupid motherfucker named jaehyun came to her house..."

yuta knew what will happen. 

and no one wanted it to happen.

-

her mind went blank, her fingers started freezing, and her body started trembling. her eyes were never believing in her. she didn't want to believe that she was seeing him. the person in front of her, the person who she loathed so much, the person who she hated so much.

"why? cat got your tongue? don't you miss me, Kim daeun?" 

he never changed. he never did. 

she tried to push the door close, but he caught it up immediately. "hey, hey. that's rude, shutting down a guest like that,"

his voice gave her nothing but shivers. bad sign of shivers. her fingers trembled a lot as she tried to hold onto the door, trying to shut it close but jaehyun was stronger than her. he was always, always stronger than her. 

"you were in prison," she couraged herself to speak something, so if jaehyun's attention drove away from the door she might use all of her energy and force it close. that was her plan. and to think jaehyun wasn't wearing his prison uniform, but a shirt with pants she didn't know where did he get it. and she was so afraid to know.

"well, darling. i have my ways. you should be grateful, daeun,"

he pushed the door harshly, and she stumbled back. holding herself from falling, she took a few steps back into the house. where was doyoung? he promised he'll be back, he fucking promised he'll be back.