chapter 1

They were everywhere. Gregory was terrified, they were around every corner, waiting for the opportunity to get there mechanical fingers on him. He didn't know exactly what they planned to do with him if they caught him, but he was fairly sure it wouldn't be good. As far as Gregory was concerned, he didn't intend on being captured, even if their attempts to capture him wouldn't result in his death. He doesn't really know much about the predicament he'd somehow gotten himself into. As far as he's concerned, he didn't do anything to provoke this kind of reaction.

~Flashback~

The newspaper was thin, blowing in the icy wind. Gregory's teeth were chattering, clicking in rapid succession. His hands were going numb, he could barely feel his fingers. The numbness in his hands made it all the more difficult to hold the newspaper, fluttering in the wind. He couldn't spend another night in the icy air of the ally way. He had to find a place to stay for a while, he had no other choice. The only other choice would involve freezing to death, being another nameless, faceless victim to the cold. Another homeless person to freeze to death only to be a number in a statistic...
He couldn't let that happen. He had to do something.
Then an idea popped into his head, like the flip of a light switch...
The pizza plex.
It wouldn't be a permanent solution, but it was the only reasonable option he had left. He sure as hell wasn't about to freeze to death out here. So he began walking towards his last hope of shelter.

~Flashback over~

He just didn't understand. Why were they after him like this. Not to mention the security guard... she doesn't seem right. She is very urgent to find him, looking for him alongside those metal death machines. The only one with any sense is Freddy. If fact, he was actively helping him. He was curious as to why he's the only one who isn't hunting him down like blood thirsty monsters. He was skeptical at first, but he seems trust worthy. He doesn't really have many options to choose from anyways, so he's glad he has someone to rely on. All he needs to focus on is getting out of here. Things are weird, but he don't see how things can get any worse... right...?