7 : 0 0

7 : 0 0

"At some point, you have to realize that some people can stay in your heart but not in your life."

-Unknown

Madeline's P.O.V

The most painful tears are not the ones that fall from your eyes and cover your face. It's the ones that trickle from your heart and conceal your true being.

And those were the exact same tears that were formed when I drowned myself in my sheets, staring at the  gold monochromatic gown that was specially tailored by Zachary's mother before her death, to wear on the night of every girl's dream.

On the night before she passed away, I remember faintly when her fragile hand encased my own and squeezed it slightly, giving me one of her precious smiles that came across ever so often.

It was known that because of the disease that escalated and took possession of her body, she could rarely speak and would therefore use hand gestures to communicate during her last painful days.

When my blue orbs connected with her piercing grey ones, her lips parted slightly and it was the first time in a long time, that Delilah Olivia Tyler used her voice.

The voice that could heal any wounded heart. . .

The voice that could make you smile from your eyes. . .

And the voice that could make you find a reason to live again.

Her melody sung itself softly in my ears, bringing warm tears to my eyes, to be the last one to be able to receive that once in a lifetime gift from someone who was cherished dearly.

*

"Can you promise me two things?" Mrs. Tyler gently turned on her side and rested her golden curls on her favorite pillowcase, dabbing her glassy eyes that began its flashback of her long-lived life.

"Do you see that white box wrapped with the black ribbon? I want you to open it on the anniversary of my death, which is exactly one year from the day that I die," She said, smiling weakly. "I want you to wear that gown to prom one day."

It was one of the saddest things to know that your time on earth would be coming to an end soon.

And it was the first time that Mrs. Tyler let any form of sadness, seep through with her words or broken image.

I nodded my head wistfully, fighting the urge to cry. . .

Fighting the urge to let go of her taped and wired hand. . .

And using every inch within me to not break down in front of the woman who stayed strong for everyone throughout her life.

"And I think you know what my last wish is sweetheart," She whispered, insuring that her message drained through her thumb that was rubbing my skin soothingly.

"I just want you to take care of my dear Zachary since I will no longer be able to. He was the answer to my prayers when I was in the darkest moments of my life Madeline. Ever since he stepped into this world, he has done nothing but bring sunshine and happiness. He might appear to be strong, but remember every soul has a breaking point and Zachary has one of those scarce hearts, that once they are scarred. . .the flashback and hurt forever remains."

*

Wiping the tears away with my wrist and thinking back to the promises that I made to Mrs. Tyler, there were two feelings and emotions that began to brim my heart.

1. The feeling of guilt and helplessness, knowing that I wouldn't be able to avoid the fact that I would have to crush an already broken heart.

A heart that will never be able to find its way to pieces that has the ability to seal scarred cracks and fix cheated damages.

2. The feeling of hope and closure, knowing that I would be able to fulfill the promise of wearing a product of Mrs. Tyler. . .

One last time to prom.

*

The messages that you guys send me are out of this world! They make me smile until my jaw hurts and they make my day :) Thank you all for the amazing feedback and support, it inspires me that much more to sit down and write xx

Cote me, follow and add to libraries!