1 1 : 0 0

1 1 : 0 0

"It's not when I look back at all the memories and good times that make me sad. It's when you consider those memories as nothing to you, when they meant the world to me."

-Unknown

Madeline's P.O.V

I rocked back and forth indecisively over the cliff, taking in rushes of air and tangles of deep breaths.

My heart throbbed and pounded painfully as each wave took its course against the collection of rocks and boulders from below.

My eyes made the constant transition from the safe haven, all the way down to the unsettled and stormy seas that drew me in closer and closer.

And finally, my body went into overdrive, over-thinking and second-guessing what I was really doing.

But, I wanted to do this.

I needed to do this.

All I had to do was just jump right?

So why was it so hard to just do it and get it over and done with?

I felt my fingers slowly lose its grip from the metal railings.

I felt my strength slowly start to neglect itself.

And I felt my mind finally make its decision, telling my heart one thing while allowing my body to do the other.

The wind whipped through my hair and rushed against my skin while everything around me transformed itself into blurry visions.

The noises.

The people.

My thoughts.

Everything seemed to have slowly faded away with each split second that lingered in the air.

The impact of the bitterly cold ocean water charged and overwhelmed me as the millions of foamy bubbles littered the vast, dark scene. The commotion and uproar lost itself to the surface world, blocking out everything.

This was my chance wasn't it?

I could possibly swim to the top and fight through my last days and I could sink to the bottom, giving up on everything and leaving everyone behind.

But the truth was. . .

I would die anyway.

And a movie that was almost like deja-vu, played all over again.

My fists were clutched closed.

The convulsion that suffused me, caused my body to jerk in a disoriented way.

And lastly, I watched another familiar body plummet after me, taking me to the surface as I gave up and lost all consciousness once again.

[Zachary's P.O.V]

I was using every ounce of energy that I had left to hold my breath and manage a helpless, dying soul that was counting on me to save her life.

My muscles stiffened as I struggled through the depths and pressure of the overbearing sea that made it its priority to swallow Madeline. I pushed and pushed until the once recognizable rays of light, seeped through the grim atmosphere.

I impelled Madeline above the water and rapidly squinted my eyes from the burning salt water. I propelled myself against the striking currents and sprinted across the burning sand, hastily placing my hands over her body to find some trace of a pulse.

It was faint and indistinct but she was still breathing and that was all that mattered.

I laid her flatly against the leather black seats of my car and hastened for the front seat, immediately starting the ignition.

Her life now depended on me.

I sped through the lines of traffic and swiftly parked in the emergency zone of the hospital, carrying her bridal-style through the automatic doors that sent instant electric pulses that pumped through my veins.

The nurses huddled and crowded around me, leaving me oblivious to the fact that they had already snatched her away, directing her towards the intensive-care unit.

I stood heavy-hearted, not knowing what to do.

I wanted to run behind her and hold her hand throughout it all so that I could fight away her fears like I had promised. . .

But I failed.

My precious person.

The love of my life.

My everything.

I'm so sorry.

*

Are you team Madeline or team Zachary?

I can't believe that there's only one hour [chapter] left of 12:00 :(

Don't forget to cote me, follow and add to libraries if you enjoyed this chapter :)

*_*