Turnabout Complication - 14

"Very well done, Prosecutor Edgeworth!" The Judge praised.

Phoenix was sweating already.

"Mr Wright?" Polly tilted her head.
"...Yes?" He wiped sweat away from his forehead.
"You're not thinking about giving up...are you?" She glared at him.
"What-?! No! Of course not! Why wo-" Phoenix got interrupted.
"Then object." Polly said sternly.

Prosecutor Edgeworth had already began speaking again.

"Now then, if the defence hasn't got anything else to say..."

"Hold it!"

Phoenix's voice echoed throughout the the courtroom.

The Prosecutor sighed.

"Yes, Wright?"

"The defence wishes to re-examine the witness!" He pointed. (And find something that will actually prove Apollo's innocence! ...I hope)
Miles thought for a moment. "...I'll allow it."
"Huh?" Phoenix looked confused. (That was...surprisingly easy)
"You heard me. Continue the cross examination." Miles cleaned his glasses.
"You heard him, Mr Wright! Continue the cross examination!" The Judge slammed his gavel.
( May I remind you, your honour, that this is YOUR courtroom? )

Ema began to speak again.

"There were three victim's in total, one murdered."
"Hold it!" Phoenix yelled. "There's something that's been bothering me..."
"Spit it out." Miles tapped his arm.
Phoenix rubbed his chin. "Why was only one victim killed? The defendant would have known if the other victim's weren't dead, right? So why didn't he finish them off? He had plenty of time on his hands-"

"Objection!"

Miles cut in.

"All of this will be explained...by my next witness."
"Eh?" Phoenix tilted his head.
"Ema Skye, you may step down now. The Prosecution calls their next witness...Scarlett Curls!" Miles slammed the desk.
"...Even I don't take the Judge's job.." Polly muttered.
( See? Someone agrees with me. )
----------
{ HEY AS AN APOLOGY FOR THE LATENESS AND STUFF HAVE SOME PROFILES }
----------
Phoenix Wright - One of the lawyers at the Wright Anything Agency. Agreed to take on Apollo's defence. Has an adoptive daughter named Trucy Wright.

Apollo Justice - One of the lawyers at the Wright Anything Agency. The defendant in this case. Sometime's makes puns out of his own name.

Athena Cykes - One of the lawyers at the Wright Anything Agency. Did agree to help Apollo's case, but is no where to be found...

Miles Edgeworth - Chief Prosecutor at the local district. Temporary Prosecutor for today's trial. Has a history with the lawyer in charge, Phoenix Wright.

Trucy Wright - An excellent magician. One of the victim's in this case. Phoenix Wright's adoptive daughter.

Ema Skye - Self proclaimed forensic scientist. The detective in charge of this case. Has a love for science.

Mel Abbott - A waitress at The London Eye Restaurant. One of the victim's in this case. A friend of Polly's and Scarlett's.

Polly Bloom - Local Prosecutor and Defence Attorney. Originally was going to be the Prosecutor in this case. Extremely concerned about Anton's condition.

Anton Burke - Often is seen with Polly. One of the victim's in this case. Has a certain illness that can cause him to lose his memory when hit on the head.

Scarlett Curls - In charge of The London Eye Restaurant. A (supposed) witness in this case. Is mourning over Mel's death.

Jean Francis - Worker at The London Eye Restaurant. Originally from France, so speaks not-so-good English. Stinks of cologne...

---------
End of part 14
---------
{ If you have any questions about the plot or something, feel free to ask. I'm not the best at explaining some things in the story- }