Chapter 2

Crimson detailed his plans of world domination to Skeppy. In reality, his plans were comedic and nobody would take someone seriously if they talked about plans like his. Skeppy felt less like a superhero fighting him and more like he was roleplaying in some game, but Crimson, as silly of a villain as he was, was still somewhat of a threat to the general well being of the city. Skeppy knew he was perfectly capable of being evil, but he didn't think Crimson was really aware of the line between good and evil.

"Hey!" Crimson shouted. "Are you even listening, Diamond?" He saw Crimson's gloved hand snapping in front of his face.

"Sorry, yeah, what were you saying?" Skeppy asked, realizing he had zoned out.

"I said... I have plans to destroy all the infrastructure in the city and replace it with things that are black and red!"

Skeppy almost laughed, but this seemed like one of the more serious plans Crimson had come up with. "You can't do that! This city could never get enough government funding to afford a plan like that!" Skeppy tried to make his voice sound as scared as possible, though he knew Crimson wouldn't be able to follow through on it.

"Then fight me about it!" Crimson shouted with a slight whine in his voice.

"Alright, I will!" Skeppy shouted, jumping back to the balcony he had entered from.

They took to the empty streets in the late hours of the night. Skeppy couldn't fly most of the time, so he ran along the streets and jumped off buildings like a parkour master. Crimson did have the ability to fly, but not in the traditional sense. He sort of just had special electronics on the bottom of his boots that allowed him to hover over the ground. Skeppy had never figured out how he had done that, but it was a very interesting invention.

Usually, they could keep their ordeals quiet, because, while Crimson was evil, he didn't want to wake up the people living in the city and alert them of his plans. All at once, Skeppy felt his lack of sleep from the past several days catch up to him as he misjudged a jump and came crashing down onto some metal trash cans, ending in a symphony of loud rattling that left his ears ringing. He shook his head as he came to his senses. Crimson stood over him, looking concerned. He held out his hand and pulled Skeppy up before pulling him behind a building by his arm. "Shh," Crimson stayed pressed up against the wall, telling Skeppy to stay quiet.

They waited for a moment until they heard the opening of a door and an angry male voice shout, "those damn raccoons! Always getting into my trash!" Skeppy looked over at Crimson and then back to the street, peeking from behind the wall. They waited a moment longer for the door to slam shut again and silence to fill the air before daring to speak.

"Are you okay, Diamond?" Crimson whispered.

"Yeah, yeah, I'm fine. You didn't have to help me," Skeppy said, thinking. "Wait, why did you help me?"

"Without you, I'd have no one to fight against for my evil plans, I can't let you get in trouble," Crimson mumbled. "You don't usually make mistakes like that. I think you're tired. You should go home."

Skeppy was surprised by the tone of care in Crimson's voice. Superhero or not, villain or not, Skeppy knew that Crimson was right, he needed sleep. He sighed. "Alright, I'll get going. But first... Race you back to the office building!" Skeppy giggled before taking off running out of the alley and into the road. He heard Crimson grumble from behind him and he took off following.

They laughed as they raced back to the building. Skeppy was more athletic than Crimson, but he kept up thanks in part to the boots he wears, and also due to the fact that he's been chasing Skeppy for months. The two of them arrived back at the base of the building at almost the exact same time, Skeppy knew he had won, but they left it as a draw. "Get some good sleep tonight, Diamond. I don't want to see you running into walls and hurting yourself just because you've been too busy fighting me to sleep."