02. Wolf Moon (Part Two)

MCCALL HOUSE / BEACON HILLS PRESERVE

At her house, Scottie stripped out of her wet clothes, put on dry ones, and flopped down on her bed, still smiling in the afterglow of her interaction with Alec. Once she fell asleep, she flipped from laying on her back to laying on her stomach, only to find that it was now day time and she was laying on a pile of leaves in a coyote den in the Beacon Hills Preserve.

Once Scottie got out of the den, she saw the bestial wolf who bit her, though shrouded in fog, and started running as fast as she could to evade her. She eventually jumped over a fence into a body of water, which caused her to frantically twist around until she realized that she jumped into a neighbor's swimming pool, and that the neighbor in question was in the backyard, staring at her incredulously. Knowing that she had no good explanation for why she was in the woman's pool in her tank top and short shorts, Scottie went the polite route.

"Good morning!" Scottie chirped.

BEACON HILLS HIGH SCHOOL

Scottie had changed into her lacrosse gear in preparation for the final day of try-outs. She had just put her backpack into her locker when suddenly, Jaxon appeared, also in her lacrosse gear, and angrily slammed her locker door closed, startling Scottie.

"All right, little girl," Jaxon said. "How 'bout you tell me where you're getting your juice."

Scottie, not knowing what Jaxon was talking about and overwhelmed by her intimidating demeanor, looked at her blankly. "What?"

Jaxon repeated what she just said in a mockingly slow tone of voice, emphasizing every syllable as though Scottie was stupid. "Where. Are. You. Getting. Your. Juice?"

Scottie blinked earnestly, still not understanding the question. "My dad does all the grocery shopping."

Jaxon, thinking Scott was messing with her, was radiating with anger, though she tried to keep her cool. "Now, listen, McCall -- you're gonna tell me exactly what it is and who you're buying it from, because there's no way in hell you're out there kicking ass on the field like that without some sort of chemical boost."

Scottie finally understood what Jaxon was talking about as her eyes widened in realization. "Oh, you mean steroids!" She frowned as she considered Jaxon's argument. "Are you on steroids?"

Jaxon lost her patience and her temper as she shoved Scottie against the locker and pinned her there. "What the hell is going on with you, McCall???"

Scottie, who was already under a lot of stress due to her current situation, ended up answering Jaxon's question honestly. "What's going on with me? You really wanna know? Well, so would I! Because I can see, hear, and smell things that I shouldn't be able to see, hear, and smell. I do things that should be impossible, I'm sleepwalking three miles into the middle of the woods, and I'm pretty much convinced that I'm totally out of my freaking mind!"

Jaxon, still under the mistaken belief that Scottie was mocking her, sneered angrily at her teammate. "You think you're funny, don't you, McCall? I know you're hiding something. I'm gonna find out what it is. I don't care how long it takes."

Jaxon angrily pounded her fist against the locker right by Scottie's right ear for emphasis before smacking her hard on the shoulder and walked away, leaving an overwhelmed Scottie behind.

BEACON HILLS HIGH SCHOOL

On the high school lacrosse field, Scottie was preparing to go on the field for try-outs when Stiles frantically ran up to talk to her.

"Scottie!" Stiles called. "Scottie, wait up."

"Stiles, I'm playing the first elimination. Can it wait?" She tried to walk away, but Stiles grabbed her by the shoulders and looked her in the eyes.