⁰ ─── 𝘐'𝘔 𝘏𝘌𝘙𝘌

I'M HERE
Episode One

Scraping of forks against plates crammed the void of silence, the two individuals sat opposite of one another, neither speaking

The female teenager opposite the other person cringed at the sound, her ears being punctured with the harsh dissonant noise every few seconds when coming in contact with their plate.

It was unbearable to hear, especially when wearing hearing aids. Often, she would decline to not wear them, this being an example.

But, she craved, desired to listen to and hear the various sounds in our world that can go unnoticed. The chirping of the quietest bird in the nest, the soft swaying of tall grass, the pitter-patter of some afternoon drizzle, the swaying of trees from the delicate winds, the thunderstorms and rain, that she found to be soothing

and even, the sound of one's fork.

Silvery-blue-grey eyes studied the person's movement, watching as they take small bites of their food, savoring each taste as if it were their last meal.

Though her eyes continued to linger on the person, her mind was elsewhere, daydreaming the impossible. Thoughts clouded her mind, providing the young girl with things that couldn't be logical to achieve.

Frequently, she would daydream at moments. Her mind would wander whenever she found the predicament she was in to be uninteresting, and it was relatively often.

Fortunately, before she could dive deeper into her creative mind, a strong and graceful hand placed itself upon her tiny soft, and delicate hand, bringing her back to reality. Her Silvery-blue-grey eyes flickered until shifting onto the person opposite from her and taking a glimpse at their hands that rested upon hers.

Her body relaxed once realizing who brought her back to reality. A genuine smile crept on her lips, motioning towards the person, which they returned one of their own.

"Thought I lost you there, Lily"

Lily or known as "Liliana" shook her head, chuckling underneath her breath to hide her laughter. "Do not fret, Brother. I was just daydreaming, like usual."

"Yes, I know. Though, it still concerns me." He sighs, dropping his head, and releasing a heavy breath.

Her brother was one to not show emotions, especially around their parents and in school, as he had a reputation known as the popular jock. The one being their parents, was a different story for another day.

But, when it came to her, he would drop the act and solace her, do anything for her with little hesitation. He cherished his sister dearly and would always be there for her when she lacked somebody in her corner, to listen to her cries and her troubles.

He was constantly there for her

Without noticing, a pair of slender and warm arms wrapped themselves around his bulky body, encasing and trapping him in a hug. His head lifted, his dirty blonde hair slightly blocking his face from her vision.

She could make out a small warm smile tugging at the corner of his lips before his bulky arms wrapped around her smaller frame, pulling her close as her body pressed against his side.

There was a moment of silence between them. It was a comfortable silence, and neither desired to speak, except relish the moment as long as they could.

Her head rested on top of his and his head rested against her chest. He listened to her heartbeat and her breathing, it was as if it was delicate music in his ears, relaxing him and easing the concern that had pent up inside for months.

Not that he would tell his younger sister, to not have her be troubled about his concern for her after their parents abandoned them years ago. He rather for her to have a goofy smile plastered on her face than one that would deeply break his heart, like when their parents left without a single note to them about their disappearance.

And he promised himself after they left them all alone, that he would take care of his younger sister. Treat her with a better life, and give her the attention that his younger sister needed, especially during her cries for help when their parents didn't.

Everything he does to have them live a better life is for his younger sister, Liliana.

"I'm here for you, Patrick, like how you're here for me always . . ."

A U T H O R N O T E S

──── Thank you for reading the first chapter of Strawberry. I do appreciate it. It really means a lot when people read my stories, vote, or just simply comment, not the harsh ones.

─── I do apologize for my awful writing, along with grammaticality errors, or mistakes. I do desire to improve my writing and my grammar through this book, hopefully. But, thank you for reading anyway.

─── Please do not think the relationship between Liliana and Patrick is something . . . More. It's disgusting, as they're siblings who deeply care for one another well being. Some people would do this, or think this because this is Wattpad after all.

─── anyway, if you desire another chapter then let me know. I do not wish to continue a story that people find uninteresting. Thank you!

- Camie