EXTRA

⚠️⚠️ Mature content ahead ⚠️⚠️

__________♡

Alpha Jeon Jungkook stood underneath the old linden tree in the meadow. The leaves had already turned yellow, though summer had not left yet. In the warm light of the sinking sun, they appeared almost like hearts cut from gold.

Jungkook's own chest filled with happiness as he looked up into the tree's crown. This tree held a special place in his heart, after all he had made many of his favorite memories right in this spot.

It was the place where he had first talked to Park Jimin, where they had become friends. It was the place where he had given him his last courting gift and where he had gotten a kiss in return. It was where Jimin had agreed to the courting, and roughly a year later also to his proposal to finally mate.

Whispers started up behind him.

But Jungkook was too nervous to turn around straight away. Instead he looked to the side where Yoongi and Hoseok stood next to Namjoon, all of them facing towards the meadow. The alpha smiled softly at Jungkook, "he is here."

Jungkook took a deep breath and let it out slowly, shakily. Then he turned.

Most of the pack was gathered in the meadow, parting as Park Jimin walked up to the linden tree.
Jungkook couldn’t look away from the beautiful omega. He was dressed in expensive red robes, the multiple soft layers swaying in the wind. Intricate designs, promising luck, prosperity and happiness, ran along the seams, embroidered with fine golden threads. The orange sunlight hit the smooth cloth and the shiny yarn, bringing it alive.

Jimin was shining, glowing.

Even more so due to the bright smile on his face.

He was absolutely stunning and Jungkook couldn’t look away.

The omega stepped up next to Jungkook and reached for his hand. He threw Jungkook another happy smile as he intertwined their fingers.

Jungkook squeezed his hand, eyes soft as he returned the smile.

Today they would be making another cherished memory beneath the tree. Today they would make their vows to each other in front of their friends and pack, starting the bonding process. Then later that night they would mate and complete the bond.

The pack alpha stepped up to the pair and a hush fell over the pack. The alpha reverently held up an old ribbon for everyone to see, faded but well taken care of. It was the same one that had been used in the bonding ceremonies for many generations.

Jimin and Jungkook brought up their still clasped hands and extended them towards the pack alpha.

“Like two strings woven into a ribbon, you two will be stronger together,” the pack alpha spoke. “May your hearts and souls forever be intertwined, giving each other strength and comfort, support and love.”

Then he lowered the ribbon onto their clasped hands, carefully wrapping it around them, bonding them together in front of the whole pack.

_

The bonding ceremony ended soon after. While they had spoken their vows, Jimin’s eyes had been wet but in the end it had been Jungkook that had cried.

After that both of them remained under their tree for quite a while, unwilling to let the moment pass so soon. So while the rest of the pack made their way back to the village, the newly bonded pair just stood there, enjoying the moment and each other’s company.

But when the sun set and the chill started creeping in, Jimin and Jungkook also needed to head back to the village where the celebration was already in full swing.