Chapter sixteen

"you are so pretty when you call me by my name"
*

Before the chapter start I would like to talk about how Dream is able to touch Nightmare even if his negativity is really strong.
It's a human au, meaning that Nightmare can feel negativity and he is a murderer (used to be one in this story) he also isn't like the canon Nightmare who isn't empathic at all.
Dream can feel positivity and doesn't get turned into stone because of any really strong negativity, it's like both are humans with superpower.
This book isn't canon so it's normal that there's quite a lot of things who aren't the same as the canon version, hope I explained well ! Also, this chapter will be updated at some point to finish it but know that it is the end because I do not support the ship anymore as I cannot stand it because the creator as said that it's wrong and I do agree with her too. Thanks for your comprehension.

Dream point of view :

"What if we get another child ?"
Nightmare looked at Dream, confused he asked them : "What do you mean ?"
they were still outside, Dream shivered.

"I miss having to take care of a little baby, remember when you learnt that you were about to be a father ? We were really happy, when he was born he looked exactly like you I couldn't even realize that it was really happening." Dream smiles, closing their eyes they remembered this memory who seemed like a dream come true.

"But we still don't have time to take care of a child Dream, and you know that I really hate what we already had to go through." They sigh, nodding. "I'm truly sorry I should've thought about you."

Nightmare shocked his head then looked at Dream and told him that it wasn't that bad. "I'm not gonna die because of that, it isn't a big deal, I just don't want to have another child who's gonna turn out just like him." He sigh desperate, he looked up at the sky it finally stopped raining and it was getting very fast hotter than before.

"I believe that it wasn't Shattered fault, he was just a child with a complicated family and we didn't gave him enough love and what's happened was an accident."
Dream crouched on the floor even if it was cold and wet.

Nightmare looked at his partner, not liking what he said he clenched his fists and looked away. "It was just an 'accident' for you ?"

"I didn't meant that..-!" They turned around upset about what was happening. "I didn't mean to say that Night, it was an accident in the way that Shattered was a child, he couldn't think about doing this how cruel it would've been if he did that by pure pleasure." He lowered his head.

"I don't want to believe that for you everything is just an accident, what happened centuries ago was also a simple accident for you, none of that would have happened if him and you weren't clumsy and a bunch of fucking idiots !" Both turned around after hearing a tree branch cracking under the heavy footsteps of a person.

"Oh... I'm sorry I- I didn't meant to interfere, please continue your talk." Shattered was right next to them smiling sadly , his arms crossed, he was leaning against the wall of the small abandoned cabin and damaged over time. He took his foot off the tree branch and stepped away.

"What are you doing here ?"
he shrugged his shoulders then he left as quick as he arrived, Nightmare sigh.
He turned around to look at Dream he was still sitting on the ground.

"I just meant that we could adopt a child or you know.. get a cat or something but you're right it's not a good idea let's not talk about that anymore, okay?"

"No you're right we need to discuss about it. Not the adopting thing but.. I'm angry at him and I'm still upset because of what happen you know? Everything is way too complicated Dream, nothing will work out properly because of this."

"Nothing will work out because of you Nightmare, you only think about the past and it's never "hey let's imagine our future" or "the present is doing amazing" it's always just you accusing us for whatever happened. Yes it was mostly my fault for what indeed happened but I'm not the only one to be blamed ! It's always about others when it's negative things but you always make yourself so innocent. I love you Night I swear I really do but.." tears fall of their cheeks. "I'm tired of all of this, you keep blaming him and I for everything, if you've never got help it wasn't MY fault, not entirely and if he did shit it wasn't completely his either, we are bad parents and we're not good person." They tremble.

"I want to stay away from you for awhile, I hope you'll understand. I need to think for sometime." Dream gets up, they lost all of their energy. They leave very slowly, his legs are too weak.

"I fucked up I know but can't you give me another chance? You can't go away like that Dream. We've went through everything together, you can't just leave for that, you don't need no break we can speak." He yelled.

But Dream never turned around, and he was then nowhere to be found.