Queen Victoria

I just finished watching Victoria and now I want to write about her. For 36 years she grieved the loss of her husband Prince Albert. There was more to Victoria then just that. Her marriage was about deep love. The loss of her beloved husband and her mother was a terrible blow. But it was also beginning the process of liberation for a woman under the shadows of dominated men. Victoria has been a pawn in a game as a child and young queen. 

Her angel, Prince Albert had used her pregnancies as a way to gain power. But in her widowhood, she was free to embark on her last 4 decades with excitement. She wrote her feelings down. Behind that woman in black sitting at a table was a passionate human being. 

In 1861, the death of her husband and mother left her destroyed. She fled London. It was presumed that her absence meant she was doing nothing because of her grieve. In her journal she wrote down she lost a friend, a lover, and a crutch. "He did everything, everywhere. Nothing I could do without him. my first word is I must ask Albert." She turned the man into a demigod. What she realized at 42 years old is that marriage had changed her. She had come to rely on Albert for absolute everything. She would see him in the morning and ask what dress do you fancy me on? In politics and in personal life he had restraint her and controlled her. And now his life was over, but her life wasn't over. Little by little she will flap her wings and become free.  

To begin her journey, she went back to Germany. She has talked about her love affair with Germany in her journal. "If I was not what I am, my real home will be here." Victoria was 3 1/4 German. She idealized the land and the people. The air smelled like Albert, and she breathed it in. When she came back, her brother-in-law expected her to stay with him. She preferred to be where Albert was born. Faced full of his childhood memories. Surrounded by quietness on the hills by the forest. 

A direct line of Albert keeps it alive. This guy talks to the great, great grandson of Albert. You should watch the video above to see more about her and Albert. 

In her mourning she made it clear. Ever dressed in black. He talks to a doctor to shed light on Victoria's death. Her children became resenting their idealized father.