Manchester to Afghanistan.

The car ride to the airport, was more than painful, with Maisie driving. I've been in the car before with Elvis driving, now I don't know who, is more scary. Charlie, phoned Molly before he left and focused on a check list he had, been running over all through the flight, for the list of medications needed back at base camp.

His paperwork was sprawled across the tiny desk, with his laptop. While I fell asleep on Elvis, knowing with the weather change in heat, when we would arrive, I was going, to need all the rest. Elvis, wrapped an arm around me and wouldn't let me go, until mid flight, when I needed the bathroom.

I went into the small cabin, I put on my blue hoodie and jeans, the most comfortable thing, for the long flight. I had taken of my makeup and had my hair, in a half up and down style with it curled and bouncy, Elvis liked it when my hair was long.

I took out, my toothbrush and washed my face before coming back out of the cabin, I hated flying and so did Charlie, who was two seats ahead of us, stuck with Maisie, whose mouth was wide open snoring. Charlie, looked up over the seat and gave a small wave.

I move my thing's back into the seat, that we were squished in. I popped my makeup bag back in the backpack, I had brought with me, Elvis had his head back snuggled into a pillow, If only I could have that much success.

"Your back," Elvis, opens his brown eyes. "I couldn't go far," I admit and snuggle, down into Elvis, he kisses my forehead gently, before I slowly drift of to sleep at the corner of my eye, I see him taking a photo of us. "Will send it to, your brother if your not careful," I nudge him firmly, in the side.

To be fair Elvis had no other sibling's, so this was great torture on his behalf, apart from Charlie who was his only other companion and the special forces lads. It had been a year since college graduation, for me to return and it was feeling unusual, this time, returning to a war torn country.

Half the time I believe I'm terrible and Elvis tries to remind me I'm not but I am. Not in everything, but there's some thing's I'm not all that great at, which is why I ended up in the army in the first place focusing on good discipline.

Elvis had his own story, of joining the army, the fact that he returned to the same camp as me and was not transferred, still had my own mind confused, Charlie had surprised me about, Elvis staying at the same base. My mother hated me leaving, at the thought of death and war, I found a different lifestyle there all together, I knew Elvis did to.

It's what I grew up knowing more about, I tried to inform my parent's, that this was our time and not theirs to follow, that talk went down well and was what made Charlie return with Maisie in toe to my place for the last week before, Charlie, convinced my parent's that I would be safe.

Georgie did not come because of Elvis being with me and not her, I did not blame her, for facing my own family, therefore Maisie was the only other exception, I allowed as Molly was back in London and could not travel across to Manchester due to a new working schedule. I knew the three people on this flight cared about me the most, along with Georgie, back at camp who I was nervous to see again since studying in Manchester.

My sister Lulu had never gone to University, she went to an arts college just around the corner apparently that's not the same thing as University, according to my parents, but her grades were still good enough to get in if she needed to get into University later on. Elvis had a chat with her through her studies, she made it clear to him, that the army was not her thing.

My beep test results came back and Charlie said I was authorized to join them at base camp.  The week after graduation. I had hoped for one way out of Manchester, I never quite believed it would have been with Elvis, Charlie and Maisie a month later. Elvis really had been my biggest support through University.