Stay focused. Stay alert. Stay alive.

Elvis

This was the time, were I was about to have a fit and not for the first time in the evening. I knew Emma was worried, but I had never seen her, so anxious. I stayed at the table, mainly with her Mum and brother, when she had gone to the bathroom. 

I didn't notice anything to suspicious about Abu's behavior, or Jason as Rab called him. We talked about a few stories, in our time spent in Afghan although Abu, was never part of the special forces team. 

"You and Emma, what's so special about her?" Abu ask's me finally, drinking away. "A few thing's, not needed to be shared," I say and he nod's intently. "How long have you known each other?" He asks me. 

"Over three years," I say, "We met in the army, when she joined Georgie Corporal Lane as another army medic," "Didn't you and Georgie have something going on," I raise an eyebrow      at Abu's words. 

"How did you know, that's none of your concern." Abu smirked. "I know an old friend of Georgie's, he explains dryly," I'm not sure if to believe him or not.

I shake my head away, from the picture of Abu's face. I look down at my phone and text Emma, to hurry up with the food. "I'm coming,"  She replies. I make my way down, pass the tables, to go meet her. 

"Need the restroom?" Emma ask's me noticing, my impatient mood. "You were right, something is odd about Abu," I say taking the tray from her. 

"What's he done?" Emma, questions. "He claimed, me and Georgie, were well known to each other as a false claim, he then went on to define our friendship," I say in a hush whisper to Emma, as we walk up to the table faster. I put the food down in front of me. 

Emma raises an eyebrow, "20 minutes, I've got a meeting to get to," Emma say's and I look up    at the ceiling with a relief. "You said you were free?" Her Mum say's but I raise an eyebrow in defense to keep quiet. She covers her mouth and starts eating as Abu look's at Emma every so often, making my skin crawl at the thought. 

Emma

I remember waking up to voices, during my operation. I told no one about it, just me my mum briefly but even she doesn't remember. I wear a necklace, with the word's I heard on it. I look up at Elvis and smile. 

He smiles back, not knowing how much is going on through my brain with Abu watching me, I know Elvis wants to murder my said to be murderer, I'm finding it rather amusing. 

Elvis lifts his fork, I narrow my eyes at him and he looks at the clock impatiently. I finish my drink and get a text from Georgie she is hysterical at Elvis and Abu. 

I never knew thing's could get so complicated, even if I did die in the hand's of Abu, I knew the Elvis and his sanity are getting along well making me giggle. 

The room smells slightly, I'm not sure what of, maybe it's coming from the kitchen, I look down at my silver bar necklace and grin. Elvis coughs, along with a few other people, I raise an eyebrow at him as the lighting changes in the room. 

"Outside air?" Abu say's and Elvis nods, Mum moves out first with my brother, were halfway out the door, when Abu turns on my back pushing, Elvis up against the glass suddenly. My heart pounding, 

I try to grab Abu, but I'm hauled back, by two men, who have approached my side and Rab, stand's in front of me. 

"What is this?" I ask, "Hostage," Abu replies. "No it's not," My brother storms back in, with police force. Leaving me wondering: that was quick? He must have sensed, something like me. I look at Elvis concerned, his brown eyes are strained on me as his shoulder is pinned to the wall.