ii - Embrace the warmth

Summer is the season of warmth, so naturally, you need to embrace it. It might not be easy for some people who favor the cold more, but know that it doesn't hurt... a lot. Once you get used to it, you're one more step towards liking summer.

"What are you so afraid of? It's just thunder."

You feared the Electro Archon for her abilities but here you stand in her land, squatting under a giant tree outside Inazuma City, clutching the kibbles you obtained from the city's "fixer" as intermittent claps of thunder elapsed from the uneasy sky.

It wasn't here yet but you knew it was going to rain one way or another.

"[Name], are you okay?"

A tap on the shoulder led you to Thoma's curious gaze, the stranger-now a friend, who once helped you feed the strays. You thought it was only going to be a one-time thing but here you were again.

"I'm fine," You lied and kept your eye on the dog below you, trying your hardest not to flinch at the natural phenomenon. "I'm just worried about the rain."

Thoma hums in thought before replying, "I feel like it's not just that-but it's okay, just know I'm here if you want to talk."

Being the "fixer" he's known as, he's developed a skill in reading people-and you knew that. That's why you were attempting to hide the fact that something made you uncomfortable.

"Thanks," You give him a half-hearted smile and thanked him for his assistance.

Thoma suggests that it was a great day to have tea with the oldest daughter of the Kamisato Clan today but you politely rejected, saying that you were already tired and wanted to rest for the day, so he sees you off with a smile that you knew contained worry.

Lady Ayaka of the Yashiro Commission had been looking forward to meeting you ever since the traveler mentioned your name to her once and now, she wants to invite you to Komore Teahouse when you have the time.

He liked inviting you to different locations in the city not just because he wanted to show you the place, but also because he doesn't want you to feel lonely and afraid as you glance at the familiar sky but with exotic scenery.

He's been there before and no one used to guide him until the Kamisato clan stepped in and now, he wanted you to feel at home with his company.

Though his hospitality had good intentions, you would occasionally turn down his invitations because you wanted to roam around on your own.

As the sun continued to set from afar, you see the father of Yoimiya standing outside Naganohara Fireworks on the way back to the city; since you were already there, you ask where Yoimiya was.

Lumine and Paimon weren't joining you today because of their busy lives, fighting off monsters, and helping people with their personal problems. You were fine with it, of course. It was understandable for her to be very busy. She's the traveler for a reason.

But sometimes you worry for her.

"Ah, Yoimiya? You just missed her. She left the shop a few minutes ago. Did you need something or did you only want to hang out with her?" Naganohara Ryuunosuke replied to your question-a question which turned out to be asked three times due to his poor hearing.

"Well, the latter."

"What was that?"

"I just wanted to hang out!" You repeat, hands cupped between your mouth to louden your voice.