v - Expect rainy days

It's not always a sunny day during the summer season and things might not end up to your liking, but remember! Finding ways to get through it will surely brighten your day!

You vacantly kept your eyes open at the empty stall standing in front of you.

The time was set in the middle of the day when children would be outside to play, and grown-ups were energized after a hearty lunch to attain their goals, but you were still somewhat stuck in an unsuspecting daze.

"Child, this is the fifth time you've spaced out," The chief editor calls out with both her hands on her hips. "I won't complain much though since it seems that you're quite in a mental predicament."

It took her three more tries before you finally snapped back to reality, but unfortunately for her, you were unable to hear any of what she said earlier.

Today... what was today's agenda again? You nearly smacked yourself on the head once the realization came to you.

Your editor, better known as the editor-in-chief or Lady Guuji, was taking you out for a stroll in Ritou to have you take a look at the possible stalls that you would be assigned to during the book signing event on the Irodori festival.

She sighs at the apologies you muttered, "I think it's time for you to tell me all about your troubles, little one."

"Again, I'm very sorry for spacing out—but the booth venue looks really good," You feign a smile. "I can't wait to sign my novels at the festival."

Apart from being your assigned editor and the Yae Publishing Bookhouse's editor-in-chief, she was also Lady Guuji of the Grand Narukami Shrine—a big deal, people would come to say.

But since you have only met her a few times and only discussed matters about the upcoming Irodri Festival and your novel, you felt like you weren't inclined to tell her your worries.

Yae Miko hums in suspicion, knowing full well that you were far from being excited about what you were on board with, but decides to play along in the end. "Let's wrap it up for today. You're clearly still tired from your trip to Watatsumi Island."

"What? But I've been back for almost a week now!"

"Hush. Now go back, take a nice rest, and try to solve your underlying feelings that you can't seem to figure out up until now."

You blink, making sure that you heard her correctly. "I—um, thank you?"

"Hurry along now. I wish you nothing but the best in your blooming romance."

"I'm sorry?!" You stopped yourself from turning around to leave when she continued. 

"Child, I've walked along the earth for goodness how long already. I know romance when I see one." She winks, "Now, go. Take the time off this week. We still have plenty of time until the festival. And if you want your daily fortune, be sure to visit me at the shrine, hm?"

"Okay," You weakly reply, focusing on your body temperature more instead of your own voice. "I'll see you around, Lady Yae."

She hums in satisfaction before sending you off with a small wave of goodbye.

"Was I that easy to read?" You grumble to yourself as you held your burning cheeks together and try to avoid locking your eyes with the people on the side of the road.

Ever since you pieced the puzzle together—of the reason why you liked hearing about her fireworks despite getting scared on the first night you saw one, why you felt so blithe whenever you hung out with her, why you started looking for her face in every crowd, or why you wanted to be with her all the time—