Chapter 1

"I was told by my Dad to not easily trust someone, but something about this particular person had me thinking that I can trust my life with her."

"Life can be a little too tough, but we'll eventually get through it."

Everi Crisan, daughter of a scientist and a lawyer. A sweet and honest person who's not afraid to step into action when needed. Her Mom raised her to believe that everyone can be a good person despite of what they've done, Everi's Dad on the other hand, says otherwise.

3rd Person's POV

Everi got out of bed at 5AM to prepare for her first class period of being a college sophomore.

"Punyeta, bakit ba kasi Political Science pa yung kinuha ko na course."

As Everi prepared herself for class, naka-receive siya ng notification sa cellphone niya.

"Good morning, Everi!!! What time ka nasa school today?"

It was one of her closest friends since she was a freshman, Maya.

Everi smiled as she replied to her with a "First period namin kay Prof. Gonzales later at 8AM, hbu?"

"Oh, that's great! Pareho pala tayo nila Moxie ng first period ^~^"

"Cool! I'll see you guys later :))"

The conversation between the close friends ended with that.

Maybe, just maybe, college isn't so bad if Everi gets to see her friends every week days.

Once Everi finished with her routine, nag-ayos na ito ng mga gamit na dadalhin.

Before she was able to set foot outside of their home, someone called out for her.

"No breakfast, and no goodbye kisses for Mama?"

It was her Mom, Atty. Laverie Hernandez-Devera.

"I would love to eat breakfast with you Ma, but I'm already late. Though, I do have enough time for a goodbye kiss." Everi said as she went towards where her Mom was to peck her on the cheek.

Her Mom chuckled as she hugged Everi tight.

"Alright sweetie, be careful on your way to school! Tell your friends to come over sometime."

"Will do Mom, I'll see you later! I love you!"

"I love you more, nak."

After that exchange between the two, Everi walked to where her university was. No need for her to hurry because the university is only a few blocks away from their home.

---------

As she arrived at Aurith's University Campus at 7:28AM, a loud scream was heard 30ft from where Everi stood.

"EVEEEERI!!!!!!!!!" It was her highschool friend, Moxie Kyne Rivez.

The said girl ran to where Everi was, which is by the way, only a few steps from the entrance of the University.

She tackled Everi in a bear hug almost crushing the poor girl.

"KUMUSTA KA???? KUMUSTA KA??" Moxie excitedly asked her friend, the hug still intact.

Everi tried containing her giggle, but failed to do so.

"I'm all good, Moxie! Now please, get off me, you're too tall for me to carry."

"No, you're just short." Moxie said with a teasing smile plastered on her face as she untangled herself from Everi.

"Ah talaga ba Sharmaine? Pakyu."