T-W-E-N-T-Y

T W E N T Y

T W E N T Y

Daisy stared at me, looking quite dumbfounded.

The look on her face instantly made me regret letting that possible secret out of my mouth. "What?"

"I've been feeling weird and sick for a while now. At first, I thought it was the bug Maia had, but then I realized I haven't gotten my period, not that it ever arrives when it should, but it's been too long, and after what happened last time—" trailing off, I rested my hands on my lap.

The last time I was not feeling like myself, I ignored all the obvious signs of pregnancy. It was a short-lived pregnancy that was utter hell, filled with inscrutable pain in all the meanings of the word.

It has been a year since that experience, but I could still feel the void in my heart of losing who would've been my first child.

"What happened last time?" She asked, sounding even more confused and curious than she was before.

Wringing my hands together, I stared at my lap. "Last year, I had to get an abortion. I— the baby didn't form where they were supposed to and—"

I heard Daisy let out a small gasp next to me, quickly reaching for one of my hands. "Oh, Aggs, I didn't know. I'm sorry."

Shrugging, I gave her a small smile. "It's part of life, unfortunately."

She squeezed my hand reassuringly. "I want you to know that I'm here for you, okay? Whatever happens, I'm here."

"Thanks, Zee. That means a lot."

"When are you going to do the test?"

I shook my head, not knowing what to say. It was just last night when I started to have suspicions, but it wasn't until earlier this morning at work that I realized that whatever this was was definitely not a stomach bug.

"I don't know. I'm scared." I said sincerely.

"Why? You are already an amazing mom."

"Yeah, well, Maia didn't come with any dad whatsoever. This one does."

"Buck?"

I glared at my best friend, making her shrug in return, clearly not regretting the question. "Obviously, Zee. What kind of question is that?"

"Hey, you've been going out with the hot doctor. Who knows what you guys do on your dates because you never share anything."

"I can assure you that we haven't slept together. Consider that shared." I admitted.

Yes, it was true that Liam and I have been hanging out, but nothing has happened between us aside from going out to have dinner.

My therapist has been helping me move on, and I decided that it was time to start dating again, but even though things were going great with Liam, my feelings for Evan still lingered, making everything harder when it came to moving on with my life.