Chapter IV: April

Kol and Kai entered the house that they had kept the vampire who was to be killed. Finn already there, waiting.

"Ready to finish this?" Kol asked as he walked in, satchel around him just in case. He never left without it. Worried his brothers or sisters would find it.

"Let's get this over with, I heard Klaus was up daggering Frankie today." Finn said as he rolled up his sleeves. The vampire they had used was chained in place. Kai flashed in front of the vampire holding a dagger.

"Can't we let him out of the chains? Makes the kill so much more.... Exciting." Kai said as he twirled the stake. His eyes looked around noticing the looks that he was receiving. "What? I'm a sociopath, what did you expect?" He mumbled as he held the stake up and shoved it into the vampires chest. His face contorted into pain before turning grey and veiny.

"Well that was anticlimactic." Kol muttered looking at the now dead Vampire as Kai stood up.

"How do we know if it worked?" Finn questioned, looking between the two who were somewhat experienced in magic.

"We wait." Kai and Kol said at the same time.

-

I marched into the house that Klaus had brought us too. Seeing Kol and Kai sitting on the steps as if waiting for something or someone. Finn was coming back inside from the back door. Once they had seen me, they all flashed towards me.

"Frankie!" Kai exclaimed, getting to me first. His arms wrapped around me as he lifted me up and twirled us around. I let out a slight squeal at the gesture before he placed me down.

"Why did you bring her here?" Kol questioned Klaus as Finn hugged me next. I looked towards him with a slight glare.

"What's wrong Kol? Scared I'll tell them what you are planning if your first plan doesn't work??" I asked him with a stern look to my face. Everyone looked to Kol, confused, except for Kai.

"I-I don't know what you are talking about." Kol muttered. I flashed towards him, grabbing the satchel from him. Kol grabbed it back before flashing away from me.

"Kol." I tried, narrowing my eyes. Before I could continue the door flew open. A woman stood there with a wicked smile. Her eyes looked from the men to me. Her hand flying up and sending me flying away along with Klaus.

"Frankie!" Finn exclaimed as he flashed over to me only to be thrown away from me. Kai tried to use his own magic against her but it was like his magic was gone.

"Did you really of me as a fool?? Having Freya offer me some simpletons blood??" The woman questioned as I felt like my head was splitting. Kol stood there staring at the woman.

"Dahlia?" Kol questioned. I tried to stand up, but the pain was too much.

"I was thinking of a family reunion. Especially since my sister never let me come around." Dahlia said with her grin. I looked to see Kol glaring at her.

"No.." I gritted out. It happened so fast. Kai tried to flash towards her, distracting her for just a second as Kol flashed after him, stabbing the copper looking dagger into her chest.

Silence. Thats how it started. Her eyes wide as Dahlia's body began to turn to ash blowing away. My eyes snapped to Kol to see grey veins starting on his hands where the dagger was held.

"NO!" I screamed, getting up and flashing towards him, only to be grabbed by Finn. Kol's body went grey as he looked towards me. Mouthing three words to me as his eyes glistened. His body flaring up into flames as he let out an ear shattering scream. "LET ME GO!" I screamed as I fought against Finn, trying to get out of his arms. Screaming so loud that I didn't even know I was screaming anymore. "KOL!!!" Tears flooding out of my eyes as Kol fell to the floor, bursting into ash and blowing away. Another scream left my lips as I felt Finn and I both collapse. His arms still tightly around me to hold me, but it was like he just couldn't stand any longer.

Klaus was standing next to us, his eyes looking where Kol once was. Shock and pain filling his eyes. Tears brimming at his eyelids. He was at a loss for words. Kai on the other hand, swallowed hard as he walked over to where Kol had been. Kneeling down to grab the dagger.

"You knew." I whispered out. Fighting back a sob. Kai looked over at me, sadness in his eyes. "You knew he was going to do this."

"There was no other way." He told me, his jaw tight and ticking slightly. Like he was holding back emotions. But I didn't believe it.

"We could have FOUND another way!!" I screamed at him, finally breaking out of Finn's arms. I stood up and glared at Kai.

"Oh could we?? How? By turning our humanity off and having an all you can eat buffet? By pushing everyone away and isolating yourself?? By not asking for help!? Tell me how YOU could have found another way, Frankie. Go on." Kai snapped. I flashed at him, throwing my hand at his face. Kai's face snapped to the side with an echoing slap. No one spoke. No one knew what to say. Kai closed his eyes as his jaw moved to adjust after the hit before he turned to look at me. "You've changed."

"I've changed?? Me?" I repeated, flabbergasted by what he was saying. "Fine, maybe I have. But at least I have changed. You are the same sociopath that I met in the prison world. The one who didn't care about anyone but yourself." I snapped before walking around him to leave.

"Where are you going?!" Kai shouted. I swallowed down the sob that wanted to come out.

"Away from you." I whispered before walking out of the house. Klaus stood up with Finn, both not knowing what to do or say. They were angry. Betrayed. But they both knew if Kol had thought of this idea, there was no one who could have talked him out of it.

"I'm going to go with her. Make sure she stays safe." Finn muttered before flashing after me.

-

I felt so numb.

Not like turning my humanity off. This was different.

Not like losing Tucker.

This was like I was missing something. Something I would never get back. A piece of my soul lost forever. Ice ran through my veins. Anger. Sadness. Betrayal.

I didn't even know how I was actually feeling right now. I felt like I did when I was dying at 17 every 100 years. Like I had no meaning. No reason to go on. Is this how it feels to lose a Soulmate? I hadn't even gotten to hug Kol when I woke up. I didn't even get to be around him as much as I wanted too.

Was I mad at him? I didn't even know how to process anything. A ringing in my ear filled my mind. I didn't even notice when Finn took me home. I didn't notice when Elijah greeted me. Or when Finn told him what happened. I couldn't process Rebekah screaming in pain at the loss of her young brother. Or Henrik shouting in anger that no one tried to stop him. I didn't even notice the woman I had never met before pulling my son out of the room.

I didn't even notice Tucker.

I felt like a shell. An empty shell left to live this life. Left to suffer for all of eternity as my soul was dragged away. Probably to hell where it belonged.

-

Days go by. Kai never came back. Klaus did though. Saying something about Kai was staying away for a while. I didn't care though. They could all leave me alone. It's how I felt already. Alone.

-

Days turn into weeks. The month is nearly over and they take turns laying in bed with me. Klaus tried to force feed me. But it just came back up. Like my body was rejecting the thought of living. Like I couldn't go on. I felt weak- but the only thing I could think of was Kol's face as he looked at me. Grey veins covering his body, enveloping him. His lips forming those three words as he looked at me. Flames wrapping him up before he faded away into dust.

'I love you.'