4: Work Place

Were you hallucinating or did the Rohan Kishibe really offered you a job? You calmed yourself first before answering or else you'd stutter.

"Oh I'm flattered that you ask me to work with you after seeing a drawing of mine but I was about to leave Japan." You said as calmly as you could, You suppressed your inner fangirl.

"Really?" His brow raises and he exhales, "Well if you change your mind, the offer will always be up." Your brows perk up. He's still offering you.

"I- sure." You said awkwardly. You wanted accept it, he was a big inspiration for you after all. You looked up to him but you also have to keep traveling, because you loved it.

"What's wrong? You seem like you want to say something," Rohan says furrowing his eyebrows, you were unaware of the facial expression you made.

"I do." You admitted and sighed, he was still looking at you telling you to go on, "I love traveling, it gives me inspiration and a different kind of satisfaction. I came to Japan a week ago and I was supposed to leave earlier at 6 am but I took a bus to head back to my hotel and I fell asleep because I was exhausted, when I woke up I was in this place. I even slept outside because I arrive here at dawn." You sighed in frustration massaging your temples.

You just realized you ranted to your favorite Mangaka, you looked up at him seeing his face with an amused expression you face palmed internally for oversharing, regretting it immediately.

You saw a white translucent little humanoid figure separate from his body slowly. Your eyes widens while looking at the paper ghost with a hat. It looked adorable but you gulped in surprise.

"Ah so you can see it."

"Y-you have that as well?!" You said shouting with a minimal voice, your hands slammed on the table. He grins at your reaction. "Does everyone have it? You're the only one I know who has it." You asked, surprised. You weren't alone anymore. You thought it was weird and cursed but now that you know your mighty mangaka has it as well, you changed your mind.

"Can I touch it?" You asked sheepishly. "No, people might think you're crazy." You let out a huh and tilted your head,

"I've observed that normal people cannot sense nor see it. I wonder why you can." His eyes squints eyeing you intensely.

"I have that as well, maybe that's why." You said and focused to manifest your ghost companion. Rohan hums in amusement as he observes the entity beside you. He thought it was interesting that he wasn't alone after all.

You both wondered how many or little people like you with ghost companions, it was one of the main reasons why you wanted to travel, to look for an answer about it.

You were clueless of the existence of the entity your whole life until you almost spilled a coffee while getting homeschooled. A translucent hand that looked familiar but you have never seen grabbed the cup before it fell. Your teacher saw this and he freaked out, you never saw him again after that.

"So Kishibe-san, how did you obtain it? Did you always had it when you were little?" You asked, curious about what the man will respond.

"No. I was struck with a strange arrow two months ago, the last thing I knew was waking up and finding out I was fine. And then this entity appeared. I thought it was a dream." Rohan says with a deep sigh as and he spoke with a lower voice, toning it down so that no one else would hear.

Your face scrunched, what strange arrow? You never got struck at least from what you remembered. Are there different ways of discovering a spirit that follows you?

"That's strange. I never got struck by anything but I have one." You said referring to your ghost companion.

You observed Rohan's amused face turn into serious expression as he looked behind you. "R-rohan-sensei!" You turned to the owner of the voice, which was behind you.

A girl and a boy with glasses stood there with a nervous look holding out a huge notebook.

"W-we were wondering if we could get an autograph from you–" Before the girl finished speaking, Rohan grabs the fountain pen in your hand and smoothly threw the ink from the tip as the ink landed on both fans' huge notebook forming what looked like his signature.

You sat there amused, both Rohan's fans' jaw dropped. Rohan sits properly as he leaned against the chair.

"T-Thank you Rohan-sensei! We're sorry to bother you while you were on a date!" The boy and the girl in glasses bowed and apologized in a funny synchronized manner. You saw Rohan flinched from a specific word, his fans quickly ran out the café with a high five.

You opened your mouth to speak but before you could spurt out a single letter of a word you heard him say, "Tch." and crossed his legs and arms. You changed your mind, maybe it's not a good option to speak for now.

He notices your silence, you didn't know what to say after, so you settled with; "Do you get this encounter often? /Do you want to see my workplace?" Your eyebrows rose and met when you spoke the same time, but what really got you was his offer.

"Y-yes/Yes." You answered the same time making you giggle to yourself.

"Then let's go." He stood up immediately after he said that. You followed him and dragged the luggage behind you, before you left though, you payed for your food.

"W-wait you're walking too fast." You said dragging your luggage faster. When you're finally beside him he looks at you and grabbed your luggage, dragging it himself.

Your eyebrows rose as you hid a big smile from his sudden action. You walked jumpily, in other words cheerfully. You didn't know why you were smiling like a fool despite accidentally sleeping in a bus and ended up in an interesting small town instead of your hotel with a very tight budget.

The man with your luggage furrowed his eyebrows at you, you didn't notice his eyes on you as you were busy admiring the people and the small building and houses on the streets, Rohan sighs at your figure fighting the urge to smile.