Epilogue

The woman shook the water from her long hair as she walked from the surf back to her beach towel glaring at a couple of teenage boys who were staring at her.

"Haven't you seen a bikini before?" she snapped at them.

They quickly turned away looking embarrassed.

The sun was warm as she slipped on her sunglasses and lay on her towel. Five minutes later she had almost dozed off when she heard a noise close by.

She sat up and looked at the man sitting next to her. He was tall with dark hair and wearing sunglasses and an expensive looking suit.

"Hello, Orchid," he said in a deep voice, "We've missed you in Vancouver."

Hannah gave an exaggerated sigh. "It didn't take you long to find me."

"We have a job for you."

"I'm retired. I don't work for you anymore."

"You're too good at what you do to retire so young. He reached into his suit pocket and dropped an envelope on the towel. "We'll pay the usual fee, but if you fail to deliver, well....."

He stood up and walked off without another word.

Hannah watched him go. She recognised the not-so-veiled threat. If she didn't do the job they would send someone to kill her. Reluctantly she picked up the envelope and opened it.

It had been an easy job, almost too easy. A man in witness protection. He had only one police officer protecting him. She staked out the house, and when the officer went out to get coffee she made her move. She messed up her hair, and tore her top showing off just enough breast. She pounded on the door screaming that a man had just attacked her and was chasing her. The man in the house looked through the peephole and fell for the ruse. When he opened the door Hannah's face was the last thing he ever saw.

The following day Hannah made some discreet enquiries and found the name of a man who could make her another fake passport and identity papers. She would see him tomorrow. Now that The Organization had found her she wanted to get away from them, to go somewhere beyond their reach. Maybe some tropical island country like Fiji.

She arrived back at her apartment just after dark. The lights failed to come on. She flicked the switch several times with no result. Something was wrong, maybe someone was here in the apartment. She stifled a scream as a figure rose up from behind the couch in the semi-darkness pointing a gun at her.

"No one leaves The Organization, Orchid," a deep voice said.

There was the sound of two muffled gunshots, then silence.

Author's Note
I hope you enjoyed this story.
Did you like Hannah/Orchid?
Well she is back in the sequel "Code Name Orchid".
Please read and enjoy.
This is the link, or find it on my homepage.
https://www.wattpad.com/story/333579339-code-name-orchid

CODE NAME ORCHID Synopsis
She is out there somewhere in the dark, stalking her next target, a beautiful deadly assassin who never fails to complete a job. If your name is on her list you are already dead! The police, the FBI and her former employers are all desperate to catch her, but she keeps evading them like a shadow in the night. How can they stop her before the body count increases?