Chapter 34: Stupid and Hopeless crush

"Yes. I now have the second piece of the codex in my possession! You did well."

Darkar praised his three lackeys while lifting up the piece in front of him. The three witches were kneeling in front of him looking at their master in glee.

"The fairies and Cloud Tower students were easily taken care of." Darcy proudly told him.

" And did you use that spell like I told you to do? The acquisition of the next piece depends on it."

Darcy was the one to answer this time.

"Yes of course Sir. We did everything you told us to do. We made sure to use it on Bloom in a way that no one else noticed."

"Perfect. Alfea's piece of the codex is as good as ours now. That enchantment will make sure of that. That Bloom girl will be our new unwilling participant in retrieving it." The other unwilling participant could only watch helplessly the exchange. Darkell didn't have control over his body anymore, even just freely moving a finger was impossible. He just hoped that the girls would be able to stop the evil bastard in time.

For the Winx, it had been a long and depressing week since their failed mission at Cloud Tower. Especially for Tecna who was completely ignoring her boyfriend. She was still disappointed by his cowardly act in front of the Trix. How could he even still call himself a specialist.

That very morning, Tecna and Flora were taking a walk in the courtyard after two long hours of potion's class. The flower fairy had thought it was a good time to bring up the "Timmy problem".

"What exactly did he do for you to stop seeing him?" the girl asked her friend curiously.

"What he DIDN'T do, you mean! Why would I want to see someone who behaves so illogically!" Tecna replied in a matter of fact tone.

"Oh Tecna, you know Timmy. He's just shy sometimes..." Flora tried to explain but she was quickly stopped by the other girls.

°Flora, he is supposed to be a specialist, a HERO. That shy thing is just an excuse. Let's go or we're going to be late for our classes." And on that note the girls walked back in the main building to their next lesson.

While that was going on between the two friends, Bloom was in her room and she was feeling really out of it since the battle. Something was just not right but she couldn't put a finger on it. Kiko and Lockett tried to comfort her and find out what was going on with their friend, but it seemed nothing was working.

"Bloom, Bloom are you sure you're alright?" Lockett was sitting on her bed next to Kiko watching her friend behave out of the ordinary. The girl's eyes seemed colder than usual. She was snickering in a way that was completely out of character for her.

"I've never been better..." She replied, smirking evilly. The weird atmosphere was interrupted by a knock on the door. Timmy shyly entered the room.

"Hey guys have you seen Tecna, I've been looking for her everywhere, I think she's avoiding me." He asked the three friends sheepishly.

In the dark underground fortress, Darkell, still stuck in this weird trance, was watching Darkar laugh madly in his throne room. His pets and the witches were all snickering with him. They were glad to see their master in such a good mood. Darkell could only assume that something really bad was happening or was going to happen to Alfea.

"The plan is in motion! Bloom is now under my power. Our time will soon come for us to have in our possession all the pieces."

"Bloom, where are you going? Bloom...Bloom...Bloom this is not like you!" Lockett was following her friend through the corridors. She was trying to figure out what was happening to her favorite fairy.

" Stop whining you stupid pixie. I have a very important task that I must accomplish right away!" She grinned when she finally opened the hidden door to the very secret Archives Room.

"Bloom! Is that you? I'm so happy to see you. It's been a while. Are you here to know more about your parents?" The old guardian pixie Concorda welcomed her with a big smile accompanied by her two loyal pets.

"No, that's old news, I'm here today to find the codex." She smirked evilly at the wise pixie. The latter quickly noticed that her young friend was not in her right mind, she could even sense the dark aura of Darker surrounding the red headed fairy. She instantly turned to the small bob haired fairy next to her.

"Quick go get help! She's being controlled by the Dark lord." The little pixie nodded her head and flew as fast as she could out of the room and down the corridors.

"I need to find the girls, they'll be able to stop Bloom!"

She dashed through the hallways up the stairs, as fast as her little winds could go. It didn't take long for her to find the groups of friends outside on the benches.

Bloom was holding the codex up in the air smirking in victory when the girls finally arrived already transformed. They looked at their possessed friend in horror as they recognized the magical artifact in her hands. Flora tried to stay calm and took a step forward, smiling kindly at her friend.

"Bloom please wake up, this isn't you. Don't you see? You're being controlled by that evil creature!"

The red haired girl just looked at the flower fairy with contempt.

"Shut up Flora, no one wants to listen to a pathetic weak fairy who has a stupid and hopeless crush on a teacher completely out of her league. Sweetie, he doesn't even notice you. And why would he? He's not interested in a boring girl like you." All of these poisonous words falling out of her dear friend's lips hurt her, like someone was stabbing her heart with all of her worst fears. She felt tears well up.

"Flora! Don't listen to her, she's not herself. " Lockett tried to comfort her.

"Bloom, stop it, don't you see you hurt her! Please stop this, come back to us!" Tecna came to her defense but that only declared her as the new victim of Dark Bloom's harsh words.

"Oh and why would I want to come back to your stupid world of sunshine and hearts, it makes me sick to be friends with idiotic girls like you, a true waste of time." Bloom through a fire bomb in their direction to try and deconcentrate them while she handed the codex to one of Darkar's flying monsters.

"Go little one, and give it to our master!" The creature and the piece of the codex disappeared from their sight.