vi

~

~

— "SHINKO, WHERE ARE YOU GOING?" Neji asked, his tone annoyed as Shinko went to walk away from the group.

"To tell my brother and his big-mouthed friends to shush," She replied. They'd all been waiting for the first exam to start, and Shinko could already hear the sound of the nine rookies arguing, causing a scene amongst themselves.

"Hey, Kiba!" Shinko called once she made it out of the crowd.

"Shinko?" Kiba smiled once his sister joined the group. Akamaru jumped down from his head and greeted Masumi excitedly while Kiba and Shinko shared a hug.

"How was registration?" She asked her brother. "You make it through alright?"

"Yeah, but I heard your team ran into some trouble," Kiba replied.

"Trouble at registration? The exam hasn't even started," Shikamaru's voice caught Shinko's attention, and she smiled as she turned to face him.

"I'm glad you're here," she told him.

"I'm just ready to get this over with," he groaned.

"Hey, Inazuka," Sasuke called. Shinko and Kiba turned their heads simultaneously, but Sasuke turned his gaze to the girl. "That boy on your team. With the big eyebrows—

"His name is Lee," Shinko told him sternly. "And he's more likely to beat you in this exam than any of the Leaf Genin here."

       Sasuke furrowed his eyebrows, gritting his teeth.

"That's cocky, sis," Kiba commented.

"That goes for you too," she said to her brother. "And anyone else in this room."

Her confidence struck the nine of them, and they all shared a grimace toward her, but Shikamaru knew she was telling the truth. Besides, the boy who was standing with them, wearing the glasses knew all too well that she wasn't overestimating her teammates strength.

"You're Shinko Inazuka, right?" The boy asked her. "You graduated from the academy a year early and became apart of a team made up of four Genin. That rarely happens in any of the villages."

"Yeah," Shinko answered. "Who are you?"

He chuckled, "You missed the part where I introduced myself. I'm Kabuto Yakushi, and this is my fourth year taking the exams."