Chapter 12

Ximena pulled up to my house and both of us were surprised to see Aiden parked out front. Ximena frowned. "Does he come to visit you often?" She asked.

I shrugged. "He's come a couple of times since Colton died to check on me."

She stared at him like she would set him on fire with her eyes if she could.

"Thanks for the ride," I said.

"I think I should come in," she said.

The way she spoke was mechanical and unnatural but I wasn't going to deny her. "Um, okay."

We walked up the sidewalk and Aiden got out of his car. I sensed bad blood between Aiden and Ximena as they didn't smile or look directly at each other.

"Ximena," Aiden acknowledged with a nod. "What are you two up to?"

"We're kicking' it over here," Ximena said, coolly.

He stared deadpan and then his face broke into a laugh.

"I don't get what's funny," Ximena said.

He stopped abruptly and his eyes were intense with detest. "Since when do the two of you hang out?"

"Since when the f*ck does it matter to you?" She met his eyes with equal shade.

"I just thought Ehlana had taste and class when it came to picking friends."

"If that were true trash like you wouldn't be drifting over here," she said.

"Great," I said, "now that we've established my taste in friends is classless and trashy you can both leave."

Aiden pouted and stepped closer to me while Ximena moved closer to my shoulder like she was my bodyguard.

"I'm not leaving you alone with this dogg."

"Great. You can be the third wheel," Aiden said.

"If I throw a stick will you leave?" Ximena said.

"You know what? I like the way you try," Aiden said. "You try to be smart with that seventh grade education. You try to be sexy by dancing with the younger tricks. Just because you can make a satisfying snack doesn't mean I'm going to suck up to you."

"So you admit I make a satisfying snack?"

"I'm looking for a meal to satisfy my appetite." He looked at me and heat went through my loins. How wrong of me to desire him. He was obviously a jerk, and I couldn't forget Colton so quickly. I would never see him again but I couldn't move on to Aiden.

"You know what you two? I need to be alone right now. I need a shower after my long walk," I said.

Aiden lifted his chin with a crestfallen expression which made me want to comfort him, but I couldn't with Ximena watching.

"I'm not leaving until he does," Ximena said.

"Ok, well, I'm going inside. I appreciate everything, Ximena. Aiden, I'll see you later." I turned and went inside and took a warm shower thinking about Aiden with his hands around me as I washed myself. What would it be like if he were there, washing me, pressing his chest to my back? I let the warm water run over me for a long time. Finally, I got out, dried myself, and picked new clothes.

There was a knock at the door. I opened it to see Aiden standing there with a fierce desire in his eyes. "I drove around the block and waited until she left," he said.

He launched himself forward, wrapping his arms around me. We gazed into each other's eyes, awkwardly. He leaned his head in and held it there waiting for me to close the gap, but I couldn't. I would be cheating on Colton. I stared, longingly. Aiden placed his lips on mine and I kissed back, closing my eyes and thinking of Colton. Aiden pulled back as if to check my reaction and be sure I was enjoying it. He seemed reassured and lifted me off the floor, kissing me again while walking into my room where he threw me onto my bed.