Chapter 3

"It's been a while, Yeli. How's your teaching?"

Napatingin siya kay Sash na iniinom ang drinks.
It's been weeks since her first return to that Uni. Hindi niya maikakailang may magandang dulot ito sa kanya kahit pa man na minsan ay nawawalan siya ng pasensya.
She got used to the comfortable life for the past two years abroad. And now that she came back being a professor, she feels like she needs to adjust again. She was really a good instructor back then. Kind of strict but reasonable.

"It's fine. I'm still trying to get back my way of teaching before. A lot of things changed."

"Yeah, that includes you, haha"

Ngayon ay maraming nagbago. Mas nagmumukha siyang strict at aakalain mong terror. She doesn't really wanna pressure the students that much. Maybe mas lumakas ang intimidating aura niya ngayon because she can't even afford to smile. When she's discussing, she just discuss and no other humors to lighten up the mood. Madalas din ay nagpapa-oral recitation siya.

"My students were always tense from the moment I enter the room." Dagdag niya dito.

Ngayon ay niyaya siya ni Sash na pumunta sa bar at pumayag naman siya para marelax ang isipan. Last friday, she saw her mother in an event but she just ignored her presence.

"Really? You weren't like that before. Or maybe you were? I just thought you were kinda approachable before."

Lagi pa rin namang namamangha ang mga students niya kahit pa minsan ay may mga nanginginig. Though her Tita Cellie told her that she should tone down her intimidating aura.

"But well, who wouldn't be intimidated with that gorgeous face. Tuwang-tuwa pa din naman siguro ang mga yun na masilayan ang pagmumukhang yan. Your western beauty was clearly shown now." Siniko niya ang pinsan at natawa na rin. Their confidence were oozing just like their other cousins.

"Yeah, right. I can easily capture their attention." She smirked.

Only that certain girl is hard to capture. She was always calm and looks like she has her own world. At dahil doon ay mas napapansin niya ito. That when they have an oral recitation, she would always mention her.
The girl would answer but it looks like she was slurring her words. Para siyang nabubulol pero it wasn't because of nervousness.

Her accent is somewhat cute though.
She mentally rolled her eyes thinking that. She doesn't know why this certain girl is getting on her nerves.

"Nagkita na ba kayo ng President?"

The president of that Uni. They arranged some papers and such.

A few interactions because she doesn't really like the feeling of the past striking her. Nagsisimula pa lang siya ulit.

She also had a few deep talks with her Tita Cellie. Her Tita said she really needs to let go of things.

"Yes." Tipid niyang sagot.

"Do you think he would tell to his son that you are here?" Agad siyang natigilan sa turan ng pinsan. Sash just realized she crossed the line.

"Oh geez. Can I mention him?" Sash added and took a sip of her glass.

She rolled her eyes.

"I don't think he would do that. I just realized everyone is now going on with their lives. I think we should too. I'm now fine."

"Really? Are you sure about that?"

"Sash, I'm telling you. I wouldn't be back there if I wasn't"
Sash chuckled.

"Well. I really hope so. I mean that's a good thing."

"Yeah, right." She just rolled her eyes.
At least she was trying right. Marami siyang na-realize nang bumalik siya. It was hard, really. Going back to the place that made your heart shattered. She's just trying to be tough and maintain her composure every time a flash of memory strikes her someplace in that Uni.