how life begins

As every other day begins for a ten year old in the UK I am walking to school with two other friends, Clara and Maxine (max). It is a Monday and the first day back to school after the summer break. Now me and my friends are in year six. Once we are in class the register is taken we jump straight into English. The day went by like every other day. Unlike in year five Clara and Maxine don't walk home with me on Mondays because they both go to dance after school.

Now here I am walking alone just five roads away from my house. I keep getting a feeling that someone is watching me, darting my head around to check if someone is their but there never is.

One second there is a hand on my shoulder then the next there is a man on the floor with a broken arm. OMG! I just broke someone's arm. How did I do that I have never done self defence or any martial arts. Before my brain can think of what to do my legs are running. Not to my house but to the park on the road I was on. What do I do? I have just hurt someone! Assaulted someone! What am I supposed to do running around Godsly park it is at that moment I bump into a girl or actually a woman. She looks to be in her early twenties.

"Oh I am very sorry." She says with a thick accent. I think it's russian.

"No it's my fault. I wasn't looking where I was going. Sorry." I say trying to get out of this awkward situation.

"Are you ok you look like you've been crying"

At that moment I realize I have tears running.

"I'm angelina" I told the woman nervously

"Natalia" she said with a warm smile. "What are you doing in the park all alone?"

"I was walking home - " I paused " I broke his arm! I heard the snap! I don't know what to do! I was so scared!" I told her while crying harder.

"WOAH. Hunny slow down and tell me what happened so I can help you."

I took a deep breath *in and out*. "When I was walking he put his hand on my shoulder and I grabbed his arm than snapped it."

"Come on hunny." Natalia said with a hand out towards me. "Let's go see if he is alright."

I took her hand and walked with her to where I had left the man. He was still on the floor, swearing in pain. He had his back towards us so I still couldn't see his face.

"Hello sir. Are you alright?" The helpful woman asked.

The man turned his head towards us, not looking at me he said " yes yes I'm fine. I just slipped on the ground. I just need a minute and then I'll be back on my feet."

When I looked up to Natalia she almost looked scared but didn't let it show for long.

"Alright, if you say so." Was all she said before she walked away, me in tow.

Once we were in the park, just near the gate so we could still see him, I asked "is everything ok? When you were talking to him you looked scared."
"Do you not know who that is?!" Natalia said in a hush shout.

"No! What do you." I said, still whispering.

"That is that murderer that has been all over the news for weeks."

"WHAT!!" I shout a little too loud. I peek back at him to see if he here's me and luckily he didn't.

Natalia got out her phone and dilled 999.

"Hi yes, I am on drethous drive and I have that killer that is on the news." She paused while the police talk "yes. He is on the floor with a broken-" is all I heard before I blacked out.

But when I woke up I was met with the gaze of the same person i was just trying to put in prison. He walked closer to me and grabbed my chin.

"I'm gonna have some fun with you."

Ring ring ring ring goes my alarm waking me from my dreams about my past.