Part 2 💜

Thank you so much for the votes and comments 💜 x
A/N: I first wrote this book when I was severely mentally ill, as I'm further along in my recovery I'm cringing at how much that affected my writing. So you may see some drastic changes in paragraphs lol.

Content warning: slight mention of mental health problems

Nadias pov:

We're waiting for the professor to announce the groups for our project, we have to write a song and then perform it in front of a judging panel of 4 professors as well as our music teacher.

The professor finally calls my name and pairs me with 3 other people, Ben, Cari and Noah. 

Professor calls out to us starting the practice, ben walks over to the guitar strumming the cords. Carilith walks over to the other guitar, before joining Ben at the amps. Noah takes a seat at the piano.  I look around my group, seeing everyone's places before realising there's only a microphone left, I take a deep breath before walking over to it.

We spent about 30 minutes drafting a song,  we decided who was going to play, along with how I would sing it.

An hour later we finish and go over our performance. We decided to name it 'Dancing with the Devil' and we based it on our struggles with mental health.

Noah starts playing the intro, so I take a deep breath and start singing.

I step away from the mic and wipe the stray tears before turning around to see Noah, Ben and Carilith staring at me with unreadable faces.

"What? Did I do something wrong" I ask 

"What? No! That was fucking amazing Nadia! If you sing like that in front of the teachers we've got this in the bag!" Carilith exclaims.

I smile and look down and fiddle with my ring and mumble a "thank you"

--Time skip to later on at the performance--

We walk out onto the university stage, and we all take our places just before the curtain goes up to reveal 4 professors, one of them being Ms Diago, she flashes me a smile and a quick wave, which I return and compose myself as I grab the mic in my hand. I glance up again to see another woman sitting on a chair beside Professor Diago. She too, was really pretty, her eyes were the deepest blue, and her hair framed her face perfectly, i looked down at her lips to see a soft smirk before being broken out of my trance by Ben clearing his throat. I blush, shaking my head and raising the mic to my mouth. 

I close my eyes and breathe before my group starts to play the intro

I close my eyes and breathe before my group starts to play the intro. I get lost in the song, not even noticing Professor Diagos' green eyes burning into the side of my head. 

I sing the last note, my group plays the last notes of the song as we hear a huge round of clapping, I look back at my group and smile right before I say a quick thank you to the teachers and exit the stage talking with Ben about how we did.

"That was awesome! Did you see Professor Diago? She was smiling so much!!" Noah shouts as he runs his fingers through his hair. 

"I bet we won," Ben says smugly as he rubs the smudges of the guitar.

I start gathering my stuff to go home as the door of the rehearsal room opens and Ms Diago steps in, she immediately looks at me and smiles wide "I wanted to report back to you saying that your performance was superb! And I'm very proud of you all" She announces, not breaking eye contact. 

"Thank you, miss! We worked hard on it, but it was mainly Nadia who came up with the ideas." Carilith explains to her.

Her gaze is still fixed on me as she smiles wider and nods at my group, after saying a quick goodbye and leaving. 

This was part 2 of the book, if you have any suggestions please leave them in the comments! I'm also very open to feedback on how to improve my writing x
Tell me what you think of this chapter x
Remember to drink your water and eat something today! :D
~Angel  💜